MAP07: The Great Wall (Hacx)
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Slay the thugs around you then approach the block in front of you to lower it and get a tazer, which will also open the north and south walls to reveal one or two androids. Head through the north doorway (which has stealths waiting behind it on "I am immortal" skill level or higher), then follow the water stream east and north to a lift that has a buzzer on it. Ride the lift up and turn left to get rid of some thugs, then walk through the doorway next to them to enter an L-shaped hall with thugs, phages and one or more monstructs, as well as androids in the overhead passage. Press a small button at the west end of the water to raise a second button at the north end, then press that button as well to open a wall next to the doorway you entered through. Go through this doorway (another wall will open to your right) and flip the switch on the wall to raise a lift in the hallway to the east.
Activate the lift you just raised and ride it up to the passage that had the androids, then walk round to the north-west side to enter a room with some computers. Press the button in the middle of the room and avoid the phages that lower around you, then go back to the passage and head to its south-west corner to find that a doorway has opened leading to a room with thugs and a monstruct. Flip the switch at the east end of the room to lower a lift behind you, then ride this lift down to an area with water streams and several androids - head east from the lift until you see the first switch on your right, flip it then follow the water west, south and east to find the second switch. From here, head west until you see two doorways on your left - the switches you flipped have opened bars blocking these doorways, allowing you to go through and confront three androids.
Flip the switch on the east side of this room to lower the south wall, step through it then head through a doorway to your right to dispose of some thugs and buzzers. Flip another switch in the north-east corner to raise a step up to the thugs' ledge, then go up the steps here to find a monstruct guarding a button (there is also an uzi next to the button on IAA or higher). Press the button then go back to the stream area, walk east to drop back into the corridor north of the starting point then continue east as if you were heading for the lift. A set of bars have opened in the south-east corner of this corridor, letting you push past some androids to get the password. Taking the password will open two compartments behind you containing a cenotrophexine and a hypo, along with a monstruct, an android and two phages on IAA or higher.
Go back to the starting area and head up the south staircase to a door, which you can open by pressing the panel (requiring the password) next to it. In the next room is a photon 'zooka on a plinth that is overlooked by androids - take the weapon and destroy the phages that are released around you, then head through the doorway that opens in the south wall and turn left (east) to go up a staircase leading to one of the androids' walkways. There are six doorways here, and you must go through five of them in turn to locate a switch - flipping one switch will reveal the next in the sequence.
- Go through the southern-most doorway to enter a room with computer desks and kill all the waiting thugs, then flip the first switch in the north-west corner. This will reveal the second switch on the other side of the wall.
- Go through the second doorway and destroy one to three buzzers waiting behind the bookcases, then flip the second switch in the south-east corner.
- Go through the fourth doorway (the third is a dead end) and flip the third switch next to the desk.
- Go through the fifth doorway and flip the fourth switch, which is next to the window on your right.
- Take the kevlar vest next to the sixth doorway, then go through it and flip the final switch on your left. This will open a set of bars blocking a doorway on the opposite side of the hall.
Head back to the staircases and go up the west staircase this time, then follow the ledge north to the doorway you just opened. Walk through it, destroy any waiting androids then go to the south-west corner to find a switch between two vases; flipping this switch will open an ornate door in the middle of the ledge. Go through that door and round the corner to find one or two monstructs guarding another door, open it and slay another monstruct on your left before opening a third door on your right to enter a hall with some buzzers. Fight your way to the steps in the south-east corner and climb them to get outside, then step over any of the surrounding walls to end the level.
Other points of interest
- Take the first lift to the north-east side, then walk west and use the south wall that looks different to find a case of rounds, a case of cartridges, an uzi and two hypos. (sector 110)
- In the photon 'zooka room, head south, take the west set of steps, then go north and use the wall directly ahead to find a case of rounds, a case of cartridges, a hypo and a cenotrophexine. (sector 288)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 3, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 394)
- facing north-west. (thing 395)
- facing south-west. (thing 396)
- facing south-east. (thing 397)