MAP07: Total Enclosure (Sunlust)
|Sunlust maps 01-11|
MAP07: Total Enclosure is the seventh map of Sunlust. It was designed by Zachary Stephens (Ribbiks) and Daniel Jakobsson (dannebubinga), and uses the music track "Moon" from the game The Legend of Dragoon.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
At the start, in front of you is a super shotgun which, when you approach it, will respawn elsewhere as if running away from you. If you try to get it again it will respawn again. Conclusively this will appear in the room southwest of the L-shaped corridor but before heading there, slay a recent arachnotron that has spawned in the room you started the level.
Because of the non-linear nature of the level it is not important in what order you kill arachnotrons. If it is your pistol start go to the east side of the L-shaped corridor. You should notice a chaingun. Take it but do not yet enter the nukage hall with columns to the east (assuming that you do not possess rocket launcher). Instead, turn left and climb the stairs filled with ammo clips. As you leave the last step of the staircase, mind a chaingunner behind you. Kill him and grab the backpack (very useful) in his ambush room. Keep going further and mind another ambush consisting of three imps and another arachnotron. Kill them and if you want find secret #3 and secret #4 here around.
Now go to the aforementioned room in the south west to get green armor and the super shotgun (that escaped from you). Approaching this opens two ambushes on both sides of the room, so better retreat to the L-shaped corridor from where you can find the enemies, as well as the arachnotrons. When done with them proceed to the corridor southwest. If you walk around the corner to the right or left you can discover another ambush with an arachnotron. Deal with all enemies and travel to the east side to the room with a large green cone. Before doing anything here, turn around and ascend the stairs leading to the west. If you have not killed the arachnotron appeared earlier, do this now and mind two enemy traps behind (these can be either imps or revenants).
Now return to the room with green cone. Flip the green button to release the rocket launcher from the cone. Save your game and grab the weapon. Packs of enemies will spawn to this room (imps on HNTR or lower and revenants on HMP and higher). Deal with them all and take one or two arachnotrons.
Now visit the eastern nukage hall with columns (this room also provides access to this). Jump over all pillars until you will be on the large platform with two medikits and some ammo. Two arachnotrons will spawn in the north and south of the hall. Now, since you have the rocket launcher, it is easier for you to kill them with only this weapon but try to not delay here. Now get back to the L-shaped corridor via jumping over the pillars. Ascend to the higher ledge and when you see double exit sign enter the large hall to the east. Take supercharge and green armor at the end. Numerous traps will open. Repulse all their attacks and remember about slaying arachnotrons. In conclusion the exit will be unlocked. Enter the exit teleporter to finish.
Other points of interest
The large square structure in the south-east of the map (see official secret #8 and unofficial secret #1) contains a BFG on a high pedestal, and some energy cell packs. Near the south-west corner is a soul sphere. In the south-east corner is a switch, which does nothing useful at the moment.
To get the BFG, take the stairs on the inside west wall up, outside, and around, and then back in. (You won't be able to get back up here, so if you want the shotgun shells, take them now.) A skull switch embedded in a column will teleport you to the pedestal.
As soon as you move on the pedestal, several things happen. Some of the low walls around the pedestal will lower. The doors to the structure close again. A block will raise on those stairs, preventing you from getting outside that way. A pillar with a teleporter pad, outside this structure, will lower. And a flood of monsters will begin to teleport in, both at ground level, and in balconies at the north.
After about 15 seconds, the steps to that south-west switch will lower. Press the switch to open the doors again. The aforementioned teleporter will bring you to a spot right outside the exit.
Every official secret on the map contains at least one mancubus. The main unofficial secret is opened by killing all mancubi on the map. The secret areas all have a cave-like design, unlike the architecture of the non-secret areas.
- The starting position is at the north end of an L-shaped corridor. A diagonal corridor leads southwest from the angle of the L, with ambushes from the northwest and southeast from areas decorated with glowing green lights. In the northwesterly ambush area (sector 1292) one of the lights is white, marking a secret switch. Press this switch and a lift will drop in the southeasterly ambush area leading to a secret. (sector 339)
- Further down the southwesterly corridor, there is an L-shaped area which, when entered, becomes a pillared balcony open to the sky (sector 1265). A corridor leads east to a room with a rocket launcher on a glowing green cone (sector 732). This corridor has a raised gallery running alongside it to the south, accessed up from the eastern end. Walking along the gallery triggers an ambush. In one of the ambush areas there is another single white light amongst green lights. This is a switch which reveals a square room (sector 822) in the west wall of the raised platform (sector 526) to the west of the gallery. In this room there is a switch which lowers the room to a secret area (sector 837) visible from the pillared balcony.
- Inside the angle of the L there is a square platform (sector 597) which descends to reveal another ambush. Walk over the edges of this platform to temporarily reveal a switch to the north, just beyond the exit sign. This switch opens a secret in the adjacent wall. (sector 470)
- From the raised platform next to the previous sector, it is possible to run into the high recess to the west (sector 262). In the northern wall of this recess there is a switch which lowers a platform in the west wall allowing access to a secret. (sector 616)
- In the previous area there is a small recess to the southeast (sector 624) containing a brown goo waterfall and a switch (arranged so that it is not easily visible from outside the recess). The switch opens another section of this area containing a secret. (sector 146)
- In the area beyond the exit sign, there are ambushes to the north and south. A switch is concealed on the eastern wall of the northern ambush area which raises stairs to access a platform in the northwest of the room from which corridors lead to a secret. (sector 762)
- In the southeast corner of the map there is a square room (sector 357) accessed from the south-east of the rocket launcher room. There is a window in the south wall of the square room from which a shot-activated switch can be seen to the south-west. Shoot it to open a passage in the rocket launcher room leading to a secret. (sector 406)
- In the southeast of the map there is a goo-filled room (sector 427) with pillars to run across. Jump off to the south from a pillar in the eastern side of the room to land on a ledge. To the west there is a switch which opens a corridor to the south. (sector 559)
- On the easternmost edge of the large area accessed via the previous secret, there is a cave containing a megasphere. (sector 1120) The cave is not hidden in any way.
- When all the mancubi on the map are dead, the doors into the large square structure in the south-east of the map (sector 390) accessed via the official secret #8 will open.
- In the official secret #9, there is a switch hidden behind a pillar on the eastern side of the cave. This switch opens a door in the cave; go through the door and drop down to enter a second cave. There you will find a teleporter, and a view into another room, containing a happy walrus, and a cyberdemon's head on a pike.
In the chamber revealed by getting all 9 official secrets, prior to the teleporter switch that takes you to the pillar at the center (and the BFG, and the big fight), you can walk east and jump over to the platform with the switch that opens the doors (that haven't risen yet). If you just step off the ledge, at the very south east edge, you will fall down into an enclosed corner, and be stuck there. Centered roughly on map coordinates 830 x -6460.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:39||Kyle McAwesome (kmc)||2015-08-20||sl07-039.zip|
Last updated on 14 January, 2018.