MAP08: A Blue Shadow (BTSX-E2)
|Back to Saturn X E2 maps 06-11|
MAP08: A Blue Shadow is the eighth map of the second episode of Back to Saturn X. It was designed by Matt Tropiano (Mista T) and Richard Frei (Tarnsman), and uses the music track "The Night Guard," composed by James Paddock (Jimmy). In the official add-on version, this level's name is Disowned Ruin.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- On the ramparts near the start of the level, there is an alcove with an elevated platform and a megaarmor atop it. To get it, head to the left of this alcove, where there is a switch that lowers a teleporter to the right. It drops you off straight on top of the megaarmor. (sector 20)
- In the watery cavern near the red key switch, there is one rocky outcropping with a chaingunner that you can clamber on top of. Look to the east: on the stretched skin wall surrounded by red runes, one of the rune tiles is missing. Shoot this missing tile to reveal a button at the far west of the upper water level that lowers the elevated floor beside it, where you can collect an energy cell pack. (sector 85)
- Collect the red key and drop down to the water below. Head to the right. The waterfall under the stone arch is not solid and hides a box of shotgun shells. (sector 264)
- Once you get the red key, hit the switch and drop to the water on the east. Follow the cave to a bend north, then head south through a dark passage (sector 195) covered in vines to a small room with a soulsphere.
- Drop off the balcony after the yellow key doors and head east, into a cave beside a green torch. At the waterfall, look to the right and you'll spot a recessed rock wall covered in scratches. Open it to find a soulsphere on a lift (sector 448) that lowers as soon as you cross the threshold.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.