MAP08: Airstrip One (Harmony)
This level occupies the map slot MAP08. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP08.
MAP08: Airstrip One is the eighth map in Harmony. It was designed by Thomas van der Velden (t.v.) and uses the music track "Mercury Stripes, Blue Mess" by Kyū. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 5:15.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- Turn around, and head towards the back of the train, killing the two followers in the way. Flip the switch in the third cart, and you may exit the train.
- Enter the passage, heading right. This leads outside to an almost empty area, but you can enter the tower and flip the switch to get 100% armor. Proceed through the north door.
- Shoot the glass, and flip the switch on the right. Proceed left, but watch for an ambush coming from your left.
- You should see the purple key, but it is unreachable. Enter the building and you can get a backpack and a chaingun.
- Continue down the corridor, You will encounter a Phage, a few land mines, and should re-enter an actual building. When you turn north, press the switch to lower the staircase, which will lead to the airstrip.
- Upon reaching the airstrip, run forward to evade the centaur. Enter the northwest building to get the green key.
- Enter the spacecraft from either side. Take the lift and use an automatic weapon to defeat the followers. Kill the two phages at the back, and press the switch.
- On the north side of the ship, take the lift. Jump across the gap to the bridge. Clear out the bridge, and flip the switch at the front - this releases a hunter, but allows you to get the yellow key.
- With the yellow key, head to the north-east. This leads to a secondary airstrip. In the southeast doorway, flip a switch to open the northeast door.
- Go through the northeast door. This brings you to a switch that lowers the purple key and backpack, allowing you to collect them.
- With the purple key, you can proceed to the north-east corner of the map, the start of the missile base. The exit is in the south-east corner of the base.
- At walkthrough step 5, there is a damaged wall. Shoot it to open a tunnel leading to 200% armor. (sector 408)
- At walkthrough step 8, after opening the door to the bridge, there is a secret door on the left. It contains a backpack. (sector 45)
Areas / screenshots
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 131)
- facing west. (thing 267)
- facing south. (thing 269)
- facing south-east. (thing 271)
- facing east. (thing 273)