MAP08: Foundry (Disjunction)
This level occupies the map slot MAP08. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP08.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Make your way to the southeast lift on the high ledge in the center of the map. At the top, head a bit to the left and open the north wall to find two boxes of rockets. (sector 310)
- In the yellow key chamber, shoot the switch behind the key to open up two more switches in the halls past the crushers. After using both, leave the chamber and head north to some stairs. Get on the railing south of the stairs and hop to the metal wall above the base of the stairs. Use it to find a computer area map. (sector 1297)
- In the maze area at the west side of the map, head to the room with the berserk pack, then look behind the wall in the southeast corner to find a target switch. Shoot it, then make your way to the southwest part of the maze. The room here has a medikit, a chaingunner, and a megaarmor. (sector 2381)
- In the BFG9000 room, head to the right of the switch and face the north wall in the alcove. Shoot the target switch, then return to the big lava chamber. Head to the southeast side and flip the switch here, then run north along the east wall, west a bit, and between the metal supports. Ride it up and head all the way south to pick up a soul sphere. (sector 3057)
- Open the red door east of the red key chamber, then use the switch in this room. The lift will lower, but before getting on, quickly get in between the four pillars and find the hidden switch at the northwest corner of the northwest pillar. Press it and quickly get on the lift, then run across the pillars to the open door to the east before it closes. You will find a box of ammo, a box of shotgun shells, a box of rockets, and a soul sphere. (sector 3217)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 12, 2021.