MAP08: Geryon (Master Levels)
This level occupies the map slot MAP08. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP08.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- Go along the river in the starting room. Drop down and open the door. At the other end of the room, walk upstairs. Get to the opposite side of the long outdoor area. Either use the elevated platform in the middle or go past the platform near the walls of the area. Open another door to enter a brick room. In the north place near the two lamps, turn left and go down where you need to enter a new door.
- In the marble room, open the western baron wall. Going past the altar, drop yourself to either alcove at the south or north. Quickly get to the western "rest stop" because of the nukage under your feet. Press the button to open both the eastern door in the marble room and a trap behind you. Get out of the nukage area by taking the southern way. Return to the marble room and take the eastern way. Have the blue card.
- In the marble room, open the northern door. Open the wall at the north of this room. Come down to the circular outside area. Turn left, press the skull and use the lift. Another skull switch will temporarily open the western door. Drop down and return upstairs, then enter the western alcove. Inside, enter the teleporter.
- Walk around in the room and enter the teleporter.
- Walk up the stairs on either side. Press the switch at the south to open the exit area. Enter the teleporter at the north for the ending.
Other points of interest
- In the easternmost part of the level in the brick room. Go to the place with two techno lamps and open a secret brick door containing computer map and if you play in deathmatch mode a blur artifact. Both alcove (sector 206) and the door itself (sector 210) have secret flag.
- See secret #1.
- In the easternmost part of the level in the brick room go up the stairs to the small room with a stand with a brainless corpse hanging over it. The stand itself is blood-stained but the west segment of it is not. Walk around the stand and activate that segment. A small closet containing a security armor will open behind you.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the original map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|NM speed||02:01||Never Again||2010-01-07||geryonnm_na.zip|