MAP08: Harmany (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Drop down and pick up the super shotgun, then enter the door. Ahead you will find a large courtyard with enemies, kill them as necessary then climb the steps onto the ledge overlooking the courtyard. Go north into the next open area. Kill the enemies here and then cross the bridge to get the blue skull key, looking out for an ambush that follows. There is a blue door to the southwest, open it, and the red skull key will be directly to your right. Another ambush is triggered, so kill the monsters and open the red bars to get the yellow skull key, then head for the yellow door nearby. Dispose of the enemies in the next room, climb the steps, then open the next door. Press the gargoyle switch and get rid of the monsters that teleport, then climb the stairs again. This time, the door east of the courtyard will be open, with plenty of enemies inside. Stepping past the door releases an arch-vile behind you, so watch out for that as you go through. After killing everything, open the demon face on the opposite end into a courtyard. Once more, kill all the enemies present, and press the switch, killing two mancubi who will try and stop you from going past the lowering wall that leads to the exit.
Other points of interest
- Approaching the blue key lowers a part of the walkway with two health bonuses on it in the south of this area, right west of the blue door, allowing you to access a hidden teleporter. Quickly enter it before it closes to get to the eastern balcony with the green armor. (sector 241) Leaving the balcony will teleport a pain elemental to the center of this area.
- Go through the yellow door, up the stairs, and through the left door to find yourself overlooking the door to the map start. Fall forward one level into the blood vat right below, then turn right (south). The brick wall here is slightly recessed – open it to reveal a rocket launcher and two rockets. (sector 136)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:10.49||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2010-01-09||p208-010.zip|
|UV pacifist||0:12.11||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2009-03-15||p208p012.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
|UV speed TAS||0:09.77||Light_Speed||2012-01-22||p208x977ls.zip|
|First Demo Attempt||09:06||Memfis||2011-02-03||pl2mem08.zip||Final time of 06:58|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 14, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 267)
- facing south-east. (thing 268)
- facing south. (thing 270)
- facing west. (thing 272)
- facing north. (thing 276)
Inspiration and development
- During development this map was called Harmony.