MAP08: Psychodelia (A.L.T.)
|A.L.T. maps 01-11|
(01 - 11)
This level occupies the map slot MAP08. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP08.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP08: Psychodelia is the eighth map of A.L.T.. It was designed by Arthur O. (Archi) and uses the music track "".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the crate-filled area where the yellow key is, fall in the middle of the tall stacks of crates to find a light amplification visor. (sector 459)
- In the dark area at the north part of the map, teleport until you are at the northwestern part, wait for the left wall to open, then approach the teleporter here. Walk a little to the south, then to the east to pick up a BFG9000. (sector 455)
- In the easternmost area, flip the switch near the red key about eleven or twelve times to raise the big platform with the blur artifact, then flip the switch to the south to lower it. Ride it up, then face southwest and hop on the pillar here (the big platform will lower once you step off it). Jump southwest to reach a soul sphere. (sector 475)
- In the easternmost area, flip the switch near the red key about eight times to raise the big platform with the blur artifact, then flip the switch to the south to lower it. Ride it up, then jump to the north. Now use the wall to the west to find a passage of shotgun shells leading to a light amplification visor and a medikit. (sector 635)
- At the westernmost part of the map, after you teleport from the red area, you will be in a hallway with a blue wall to the north. Go to the door, but turn around and press use when you are just east of the section of ceiling that juts out. This is a switch (you can make the switch appear by using the switch near the exit, but you can also use it here). Now head out the door and go around to reach a plasma gun. To the north will be some backpacks. (sector 197)
- After going through the section with yellow keys, return to the hallway with the blue wall and drop down the hole to the left. Follow the passage of rockets to a megasphere. (sector 568)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on April 12, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: