MAP08: Technical Hazard (32in24-5)
MAP08: Technical Hazard is the eighth map of 32in24-5, a deathmatch megawad. It was designed by Mephisto, detailed by Nick McCarthy (DD_133), and uses the music track "Sasuke's Destiny" from Naruto: Shippuden, sequenced to MIDI.
Technical Hazard is a small map set inside a UAC techbase. It has two rooms, a smaller one in the east of the map, which contains a chaingun in its north-west corner, and a larger one in the centre of the map that stretches towards the west end. This room appears damaged, with a large section of the floor having fallen away into a shallow nukage pit, although it is not damaging. A C-shaped hallway leads off of the of the central room to form the western edge of the map. The 32 in 24 and Unidoom billboards present in other maps in the WAD can be found in this hallway, as can a rocket launcher at the "middle" of the "C", and a door to the exit room is in the north-west corner. A chainsaw, two backpacks and a medikit is inside.
To the east of the exit door is a green armor, placed next to steps that lead up to a long hallway that crosses the northern edge of the map all the way to the eastern room. A plasma gun can be found at this end of this hall. Some steps in the south-east corner of the eastern room allow access to this hallway from there. More steps to access the hallway can be found in the south of the central room, where a walkway connects to the main hallway, with some gaps allow movement between the two rooms. This walkway is notable for the three small alcoves in the south-east corner of the room that spell out "UAC." Pressing all three of these individually opens a door just to the north of the nukage pit and lowers two sets of bars on the other side, revealing a BFG9000 and a megaarmor - naturally high security for a useful combination of items.
This level contains eight spawn points. All locations get a super shotgun on spawn unless noted otherwise.
- In the central room, in front of the BFG/megaarmor door, facing south. (thing 14)
- At the southern-end of the C-shaped hallway, facing west. (thing 15)
- In an alcove in the south of the eastern room, facing north. (thing 16)
- At the western extremity of the map, facing east. No super shotgun, but the rocket launcher is immediately in front of this spawn. (thing 23)
- In an alcove along the northern wall of the long hallway where it crosses the central room, facing south. (thing 24)
- Similar to spawn #5, but this one is looking over the eastern room instead. (thing 25)
- Right next to the UAC panels that open the BFG/megaarmor room, facing north. Whilst this seems advantageous, there is a risk of inadvertently handing the items to spawn #1 without them having to come to the panels themselves. (thing 26)
- In the north-east corner of the map, facing west. Gets the plasma gun instead of a super shotgun. (thing 27)
Areas / screenshots
|Box of bullets||1|
|4 shotgun shells||4|
|Box of shotgun shells||2|
|Box of rockets||1|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|