MAP08: The Theatre (The Abyss)
|The Abyss maps 01-11|
A humorous setup is employed with the use of monsters, with the implication that the player is interrupting a play.
Other points of interest
- At the back end of the theater, open the northeast door, then open the skull wall to the right. On the stage, a skull switch is nearby, which will lower one of the bars leading to an energy cell pack and a plasma gun. (sector 73)
- In the blue key courtyard, step onto the bleachers at the south end and open the wall for an invulnerability. (sector 127)
- In the blue key courtyard, step onto the bleachers at the north end and open the wall for a green armor. (sector 131)
- From Secret #1, return to the wood hall and into the room with the chaingunner cages. Press on the wall in the northwest with scratches on it to get a soul sphere. (sector 228)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 15, 2018.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 3)
- facing west. (thing 4)
- facing north. (thing 5)
- facing south. (thing 6)
- facing south. (thing 121)
- facing south. (thing 174)
- "The Schoolboy's Nightmare" is a comedic play by Randolph C. Wilson for his class at DeWitt Clinton High School. It is meant to be recited in classrooms.
- The cafeteria lady is a cacodemon.