MAP09: Castle: Programmer's Keep (Strife)
|Strife levels (07-12 & 31)|
Castle and Temple
MAP09: Castle: Programmer's Keep is a level in Strife. It uses the music track "Tribal". It is one of the few levels which can only be visited for a limited amount of time. The player must fight the Programmer here, and when the battle is complete, the level collapses in on itself and is walled off from MAP10: New Front Base.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
There are no official secrets on this map.
- You need to lower a staircase in order to progress. After the stairs, turn to the north and enter the small cave area. In the southwest, there are rocky steps that lead to a small recess in the wall. Press the recess to reveal a surgery kit and a crate of missiles.
- When you have found the Programmer, lure him away from the step pyramid. Jump the stairs up and make your way to the other side of the central building. By pressing the southern arrangement of stone blocks on the easternmost wall, you will reveal a small room that holds two medical kits, a box of bullets and a metal armor. On Veteran or higher, there is also a surgery kit.
Areas / screenshots
The visage of the Programmer sneers from a computer monitor as the player is momentarily trapped.
The Programmer attacks near the large step pyramid.
Routes and tricks
This level contains fourteen spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 218)
- facing east. (thing 219)
- facing west. (thing 220)
- facing north-west. (thing 221)
- facing west. (thing 222)
- facing south. (thing 223)
- facing south-east. (thing 224)
- facing east. (thing 236)
- facing north. (thing 237)
- facing south-east. (thing 238)
- facing west. (thing 239)
- facing north-east. (thing 252)
- facing east. (thing 272)
- facing north. (thing 273)