MAP09: Cauldron (Cleimos 2)
|Cleimos 2 maps 01-11|
(01 - 11)
This level occupies the map slot MAP09. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP09.
MAP09: Cauldron is the ninth map of Cleimos 2. It was designed by Rand and Steven Phares.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Take the door north of where the yellow key is and descend the steps. At the intersection, go straight north to the wooden platform and use the misaligned wall to the left. Use the brown wall here to reach a secret room with a light amplification visor and a switch that will lower the platform. (sector 76)
- Take the door north of where the yellow key is and descend the steps. At the intersection, take the steps leading to the left, then in the small room use the misaligned wall to reach a secret room with a box of shotgun shells and the blue key. The key will be available once you enter the outside area at the north end of the map, and a chaingunner will be behind it guarding a medikit. (sector 174)
- At the northwest end of the map, head all the way west and take the lift to the south. Use the door at the top and enter the next hall, but backtrack a bit after you enter the hall and take the north path at the western intersection. Stairs will be in place allowing you to head up to a room with a computer area map and a switch, which is required to reach the yellow key you saw earlier in the map. (sector 235)
The following multiplayer-only Things in the eastern deathmatch starting room have no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so they do not actually appear in the level: an armor (Thing 115), a supercharge (116), and ten clips (117 through 126).
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 8, 2021.
This level contains nine spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 4)
- facing north. (thing 5)
- facing south. (thing 6)
- facing south-east. (thing 7)
- facing north. (thing 20)
- facing south. (thing 113)
- facing east. (thing 114)
- facing south. (thing 127)
- facing west. (thing 146)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: