MAP09: Deimos Anomaly (Console Doom)
|Console level navigator|
|All Jaguar-based ports|
MAP09: Deimos Anomaly is the ninth level of most console versions of Doom, based on the original E2M1: Deimos Anomaly with modifications made to adapt to consoles' limitations. The author of the conversion is American McGee, and the original author of the map is Sandy Petersen. The map first appeared in Atari Jaguar version, and is additionally used in the 3DO, Sega 32X, Game Boy Advance, Sony PlayStation, and Sega Saturn versions.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Comparison of versions
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Music
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Navigation
Other points of interest
- (sector 29)
- (sector 43)
- (sector 64)
- (sector 77)
Comparison of versions
Aside from geometry simplification, a number of changes were made to this level compared to the PC version.
- Textures throughout the level are changed, to reduce the number of different textures used.
- The pointed floor around the teleporter in front of you at the start of the level has three points instead of four.
- The sectors either side of the red inverted cross have lower ceilings, to avoid an issue where textures stretch if they attempt to tile vertically more than once.
- The three windows around the blue keycard have translucent panels in them.
- The three candles on the red sector with the shotgun were removed.
- The switch which opens the hidden area containing the red keycard is further from the wall. This hidden area and the wall in front of it are horizontal instead of being angled.
- Some thin sectors around the red door were removed.
- The switch in the south-western room is flat instead of being angled, and the staircase that it raises is shorter.
- The exit room is rectangular.
- A clip and an armor bonus were removed from secret #1.
- Some health bonuses and armor bonuses were removed from secret #3.
- A stimpack was removed from secret #4.
Areas / screenshots
Atari Jaguar screenshots
Sega 32X screenshots
Sega Saturn screenshots
Game Boy Advance screenshots
The map uses the following music tracks:
|Atari Jaguar||"Donna To The Rescue"||Robert Prince||Only plays in the intermission screen after the map is completed.|
|3DO||"I Sawed The Demons"||Robert Prince||Re-orchestrated version played by live band|
|Sega 32X||"Hiding The Secrets"||Robert Prince|
|Game Boy Advance||"The Demons From Adrian's Pen"||Robert Prince|
|Sony PlayStation||"Breath Of Horror"||Aubrey Hodges|
|Sega Saturn||"A Calm Panic Rises"||Aubrey Hodges|
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 109)
- facing west. (thing 110)
- facing north. (thing 111)
- facing south. (thing 112)
Inspiration and development
|Console Doom levels - Sega 32X|
|Phobos:||MAP01: Hangar • MAP02: Plant • MAP03: Toxin Refinery • MAP04: Command Control • MAP05: Phobos Lab • MAP06: Central Processing • MAP07: Computer Station • MAP08: Phobos Anomaly|
|Deimos:||MAP09: Deimos Anomaly • MAP10: Containment Area • MAP11: Refinery • MAP12: Deimos Lab • MAP13: Command Center • MAP14: Halls of the Damned • MAP15: Spawning Vats|
|Secret levels:||MAP24: Military Base|