MAP09: Grudge (MAYhem 2012)
|MAYhem 2012 maps|
This level occupies the map slot MAP09. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP09.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the second room, flip the switch to open the nearby bars, but you will also open a wall to the south with two Hell knights. Use the wall with the electricity symbol here to find a passage of health bonuses, and use the lift to get a soul sphere. (sector 236)
- At the east end of the area before the blue key, use the lift at the southwest end and follow the ledge to a switch. After flipping it, a cage with an arch-vile pops up to the south. Go to the lift that has the rocket launcher and ride it up, then use the arch-vile to jump up to the higher ledge north of the rocket launcher, which has health bonuses. Follow it to reach shotgun shells, a megasphere, and a BFG9000. (sector 371)
- Open the blue door and when the room opens up, go towards the door you came and just to the south, on the east wall, shoot the button. This opens up one of the walls to the north. Down here is an energy cell pack and a box of ammo. Dropping down again will have you getting two medikits and a plasma gun. (sector 509)
- At the westernmost room of the map, push the button in the northeast corner to lower a nearby wall with a box of rockets. (sector 613)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||9:48.31||Zachary Stephens (Ribbiks)||2012-12-28||mh09-948.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 3, 2022.