MAP09: March of the Demons (No Rest for the Living)
|No Rest for the Living maps|
MAP09: March of the Demons is the secret map of No Rest for the Living. The secret exit to this level is found in MAP04: Hell Mountain. It was designed by Russell Meakim and uses the music track "The Dave D. Taylor Blues". The par time is 2:15.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go along the hallways and flip the switch, go through the door it opened and walk along some more hallways, go straight, then through some more hallways, push the switch at the end, jump down from the balcony and walk across the floors the switch lowered, flip both switches which will lower walls on both sides, walk through the lowered walls and into the hallways and push the switches at the ends in a symmetric fashion.
Jump down the central structure and flip the switch on the top of the stairs, go straight across the lowered floors and go left, walk along the hallways and flip the switch, jump down from the balcony and go across the lowered floors, up the stairs, through the door and flip the switch.
Other points of interest
- From the start position, walk straight ahead until you reach a discolored wall behind four health bonuses. Open it (sector 125), run up the stairs for a green armor.
- After getting the green armor in secret #1, head outside towards the slime waterfall, and throw the switch. Enter the corridor and walk to the west. As you descend one single stair, open the northern wall with yellow lights at the bottom (sector 356) to find a chainsaw, four health bonuses and four armor bonuses.
- After advancing to the point where enough switches have been thrown to raise the steps to the central switch, hitting it lowers the barrier along the center of the area. Enter the northern part, and take the first newly available avenue on the west. There will be two corridors branching off to the south ahead of you; press the wall between them. It reveals a room (sector 903) with a computer area map, two medikits and two armor bonuses.
- After collecting the computer map in secret #3, back out of the room, and take the westernmost corridor to find a berserk pack. Open the wall across it to reveal a room (sector 924) with two medikits and four armor bonuses.
- Go to the floor north of the central switch that lowered the barrier mentioned in secret #3. Walk to the east, ascending some stairs, passing a room (where you before had to ascend the stairs to the south to raise the northern part of the stairs leading to the central switch) further to the east where you finally end up in a small room. The northern part of the eastern wall looks like a kind machinery. Open it to reveal a room (sector 897) containing three sets of shotgun shells, three rockets and two medikits.
- When played on the XBLA version of Doom II, walking around a certain column near where the spiderdemon enters can cause a permanent Hall of Mirrors effect on many of the textured walls. Reloading a save will not fix this bug, neither will quitting to the main menu. Oddly enough, only quitting to the dashboard and reloading the entire game will fix this glitch.
- Linedefs 1327, 1337 and 1339 - each one with Action: 90 - WR Door Open Wait Close - have Tag 25, but there is no corresponding sector in the map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:25.26||2022-07-28||nerve-9-2526.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|NM speed||0:33.80||Maxime Bisiaux (Datacore)||2021-04-05||NRFTL_09_NM_033.zip|
|UV max||2:45.09||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2022-03-07||nr09-245.zip|
|NM 100S||1:22.17||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2021-11-28||nr9ns122.zip|
|UV -fast||3:35.60||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2018-04-14||nr09f335.zip|
|UV -respawn||2:36.71||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2015-11-26||nr09r236.zip|
|UV Tyson||8:02.80||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2018-05-07||nr09t802.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 1, 2022.
This level contains eleven spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 239)
- facing west. (thing 240)
- facing east. (thing 398)
- facing east. (thing 399)
- facing west. (thing 400)
- facing west. (thing 401)
- facing north. (thing 402)
- facing south. (thing 403)
- facing north. (thing 404)
- facing west. (thing 405)
- facing north. (thing 406)