MAP09: Meta Exe (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 01-11|
|All Hope for Terror|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Press the switch in front of you to raise the floor you are standing on then step forward and look right to see a ledge with imps. Step across to this ledge and press the switch on the north wall which will open a set of bars to your left, then go through the bars and turn left to pass between a pair of moving metal platforms and reach another switch. Flip this switch and the floor will lower - turn right to see a doorway and kill two demons and one or two revenants visible through it, then go through and turn left when you reach the door ahead to see a switch guarded by a zombieman. Flip the switch to open a set of bars just behind you, go through them and kill the chaingunners waiting on the other side then climb the steps and follow the walkway round until you step over a pair of red lights which will open the door you saw earlier.
Go through the door and climb the steps on your right to reach a tunnel with imps and zombies. Look through the windows on your right to see some imps and chaingunners, as well as a Hell knight on a platform - kill the knight then shoot the switch it was guarding to lower a set of bars blocking the exit from the tunnel. Leave the tunnel then turn right and walk into the small silver pillar in front of you to lower it, collecting the red keycard on top and opening another set of bars to the north-east leading to a passage. Follow the passage past two demons and drop into a room with three moving platforms, as well as one or two arch-viles teleporting between them. Kill both monsters then step on the east platform and look east to see a hole in the wall with a switch visible through it - shoot this switch to lower the column in the middle of the room and reveal the yellow keycard.
Take the yellow key then step on a lift in the south-east corner that has lowered - you will see the exit door in front of you blocked by three colored bars. Ride the small lift on your right up to return to an earlier room then turn right to see a set of steps leading up to an armor and a switch between two yellow key strips. Press the switch and another switch behind it to raise a platform on your left then run due south until you reach a ledge with a number of imps and zombiemen on it. Turn left and press the switch ahead of you to lower a wall and kill the knight and imps waiting behind it, then step through and immediately turn right to find a set of steps leading up to the ledge you just passed - climb the steps to find the blue keycard in a small recess, then go back down and open the north door.
As you walk through the door two shotgun guys (plus a chaingunner on Hurt Me Plenty skill level or higher) will be revealed behind you, and two chaingunners will teleport in ahead of you. Backtrack to the lift next to the exit door and step on the brightly-lit brown floor to lower it, then open the bars blocking the door and step through to get outside. Kill all the monsters waiting around the corner, including one or two knights, then flip the switch at the end of the path to lower a pair of bars blocking your way to the white exit teleporter.
Other points of interest
As the level starts, approach the floor lamp in front of you and a rocket launcher will teleport onto the step on your right.
A supercharge and a super shotgun can be found in the yellow key room. Taking the first item will change the passage you used to enter this room into a set of stairs, which you will be able to access after picking up the yellow key.
- At the south-west cave, open the door and flip the switch to remove the nearby bars. In the room nearby, take the steps up and go to the armor bonuses. Use the wall here and it will lower. Ride it up to get a partial invisibility and medikits. (sector 145)
- At the south-west cave, use the brown wall to lower it revealing a grotto with a megaarmor, shotgun shells and health bonuses. (sector 431)
- At the red key area, go towards the bars to the north, which will lower a wall of lights to the south-east and reveal a berserk pack and a switch guarded by a knight. To reach the berserk pack, head north a bit and then east and use the lift up to the red brick platform, then jump south to the berserk pack. (sector 50)
- At the exit teleporter, instead of exiting the map, look through the hole in the west wall and shoot the switch. Go back north of the exit to find a small cave with a supercharge and armor bonuses. (sector 363)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||2:52.69||Dylan Gill (TheV1perK1ller)||2018-05-03||pc209-252.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 3, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 312)
- facing north-west. (thing 313)
- facing west. (thing 314)
- facing south. (thing 315)