MAP09: The Gambit (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
In the starting area you can see four teleporters in each corner of the area. Use the south-eastern one which is white.
In the new area enter the next room. Whatever side of the large water pool you use, you will be teleported to the opposite side of it. If you enter into the center of it you will be teleported back into that side where you are located. Get to the southern side and take the red key. Get back north into the teleporter you have entered.
Enter the red door in the starting area. Come to the northern switch on the computer panel. Flip it as many times as the small platform nearby would be on the right height level, so you could get into the alcove by walking on this platform (you should jump on it only when it is in rising progress, otherwise it will go down and you should do it all again). Once, at the alcove, press the button and jump down then head into newly open wall south. Inside, press the switch and Quickly enter the nukage teleporter. Now, step back right into the rising platform which allows you to get to the western side. Once it is on the right height, jump off west. Take the yellow key in the very west. Traps will open.
Get back via the door you came in. If the platform in the center of the room prevents your way, just come closer to it.
In the starting area, use the last door. It requires the yellow key.
Use either corridor and in the very end, press the skull on blue wall. This will temporarily lower the wall behind that prevented your way to the exit. Enter the exit door and press the switch.
Other points of interest
- In the northwest room, after opening the outer closets, enter the west closet and open the north wall (or enter the north closet and open the west wall) to be able to get the megaarmor from behind without teleporting. (sector 13)
- Take the southeast teleporter in the hub. In this area, open the west wall to find a teleporter leading to the middle of the pool, allowing you to get an invulnerability. (sector 43)
- Take the northeast teleporter in the hub. In the area you teleport to, shoot any of the six monitors to open the northwest wall with a plasma gun, armor bonuses, and energy cells. (sector 77)
- In the northernmost hall, press the satyr switch at the west side, near the switch that reveals the teleporter. Flip that switch to reveal the teleporter, take it, then run and jump southwest to the lift. Ride up and go west to a secret room opened by the satyr switch which has a green armor, shotgun shells, a box of shotgun shells, and health bonuses. (sector 119)
- Take the northwest teleporter in the hub. Open the cracked wall to the east to get a light amplification visor and a box of rockets. (sector 126)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:46.51||2015-07-20||id09p046.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||3:53.06||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2015-12-05||d2twid_tca.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 13, 2022.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 97)
- facing north. (thing 101)
- facing west. (thing 102)
- facing north. (thing 104)
- facing east. (thing 206)
- facing west. (thing 213)
- facing east. (thing 214)
- facing south. (thing 234)