MAP09: The Launch Base (Harmony)
This level occupies the map slot MAP09. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP09.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
If you are low on health, it may be sometime before you get a medikit. As such, be careful.
- In the south-east corner, there is a vent to enter the main tunnel. There is a total of two enemies visible, others are released later.
- In the tunnels, head to the west edge, and climb into the vent. You will encounter a lot of criters, but they are easily killed.
- Turn north t the large room and climb the stairs. before you flip the switch to lower the center elevator, equip an explosive weapon or some other attack that is good at a large number of targets. Lower the elevator, and kill the followers, before collecting the green key. Use it to open the north door.
- Destroy monsters as you go down the lift and through the corridor. Take the first north branch and locate the yellow key in the room.
- Return to the corridor, and you will directly encounter the yellow key door. Open it, enter the vent by climbing along the objects on the south-west, adn you'll return to the missile base. A door opens for you. Enter it.
- Go through the room, and exit the other side. This provides access to the east missile silos.
- Go up the lift to enter the eastern silos. In the south silo, flip the switch in the south-west corner. In the north silo, flip the north-east switch. You can now exit the silo, and proceed east.
- You should reach a missile control room. Flip all five switches to launch the missiles, and extend a bridge leading west.
- Head west, and turn to the right. Collect the purple key, and use it to unlock the exit.
- When outside, use the plunger to blast open the wall.
- Proceed east, and flip the switch to the north. This allows access to the ship.
- Clear the mines surrounding the ship, and enter it to exit the level.
- During Walkthrough step 5, the bar has a painting in the south-east corner. Use the painting, and a secret will open in the north west of the room, revealing +100% health. (sector 233)
Areas / screenshots
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 218)
- facing west. (thing 220)
- facing south-east. (thing 222)
- facing south. (thing 225)