MAP09: Wormhole Zone (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 01-11|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Just like in some of the levels before, you will be attacked by several monsters. Before you can do anything, make sure to kill all the monsters that you can. The level's nonlinear nature gives you several paths to take. You will get the blue key last, since you need the red and yellow keys to access it.
When you are ready, from the starting point, head east into the water then climb the nearby steps. Go across the water, and keep going across the water and up some waterfalls until you reach the red skull key.
From the red key, jump through the nearby window and you should see a pain elemental surrounded by barrels. He is on top of a soul sphere. When you pick it up, look out as an arch-vile and revenants will teleport in. Keep going west, looking out for the batch of chaingunners and imps that pop up, and you will find a baron of Hell and several other monsters guarding two switches: red and yellow. Northwest of those switches is a lift and a window. If you look out the window, you can see a ledge you can jump to with armor bonuses. Jump to it and follow the armor bonuses to the yellow skull key. Look out for revenants teleporting in once you get the key.
Blue Key and Exit:
Head for the lift near where the yellow key was so you can return to the two switches. With both keys, press the switches and you will open the way to the blue skull key. Kill the arch-vile, grab the key, and look out because chaingunners will teleport around you, while other monsters will be present in other areas of the map. Drop back down to the field where the yellow key was and go north, then east to the green shack with the yellow bar. Open the yellow bar, grab the BFG9000 and soul sphere, then climb the stairs up to the next yellow door. Open it and open the blue bars to the left. Kill any enemies on the catwalk and then open the next door. In this room, kill the revenants and go through the south door to find the exit.
Other points of interest
- From the starting area, turn right (east) into a water pool. Kill the chaingunners and press the gargoyle-faced switch. Then return to the starting area, and go straight down into the lowered pathway. Take the first right to find a lowered platform holding a rocket launcher. (sector 155)
- In the outdoor area in the west portion of the map, there is a ledge with the yellow key. Head southwest and step into the water pool. Turn around the corner on the right to find a soul sphere. (sector 144) An arachnotron will then teleport in to attack you.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:11.80||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-03-08||p209p011.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||5:58.49||Vladimir Monakhov (skepticist)||2009-03-31||p209-558.zip|
|UV pacifist||0:11.80||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2009-03-08||p209p011.zip||Also Reality|
|NoMo||0:11.94||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2013-03-17||plt2nomo.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
|First Demo Attempt||21:44||Memfis||2011-02-03||pl2mem09.zip||Final time of 21:06|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 14, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 370)
- facing east. (thing 390)
- facing north-west. (thing 391)
- facing north-west. (thing 392)
- facing north-west. (thing 394)
Inspiration and development
- Amongst possible names for this map during development were World of Miracles and Land of Wormholes.