MAP10: Bridge (Icarus: Alien Vanguard)
|Icarus maps 01-11|
MAP10: Bridge is the tenth level of Icarus: Alien Vanguard, set on the bridge of the Icarus exploration cruiser with a trio of recreational facilities behind it. It was designed by Ty Halderman and uses the music track "Slow Evil" by Tom Mustaine.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
This map is non-linear, and you just need to find the red key to exit. It is in the northern part of the map at the large bridge room behind the black wall. After you get it, head for the exit which is in the room south of the big computer room east of the bridge. If you are coming from the starting point, it is the first door on the right. The exit door is marked as "PLANET EXIT" and again, press the furthest panel on the right with the red key to leave the map.
Other points of interest
- Every door except the easternmost one in the hallway you start the map in leads to one of the three rec rooms. In each rec room, a part of the northern wall has a blue paneling. Open any of these to find a secret passage (sector 147) to the bridge. (On hard skills, there are two energy cell packs in this passage.)
- At the very south of the eastern computer room, use the northern or southern side of the mainframe second from the east. It will act like an elevator and lower. Ride it up, and then jump across the other mainframes to the northwestern closet (sector 66) that contains a plasma gun (not on easy skills) and a supercharge (not on hard skills).
- The back wall of secret #2 is textured differently; it is a door leading to a megasphere. (sector 193) Note that opening it also opens the computer room's northern wall, releasing a group of (skill dependent) nine/four/none troopers and none/five/nine imps into the room as well. In their alcove are two stimpacks and a box of bullets.
- Using the mainframe elevator for secret #2 will also affect the inner corner of the table in the green room to the south. If you get there fast enough, it will lift you up, allowing you pick up the backpack (sector 166) (and two medikits on easy skills).
- In this same room, two of the gold panels in the south have green lights. These are both one door that opens to a stash of items. (sector 170) Here, you will find two boxes of bullets, two boxes of shells(, three energy cell packs on medium and hard) and two (three on easy) medikits.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Like on other levels in Icarus with teleporter exits, you can win with a suicide exit. You can use the rocket launcher to blast yourself off the Comstar computers with your back to the teleporter, but the fastest method is to use monsters. To pull this off, you must run toward the exit while a hitscan attack kills you, causing your body to slide under the barrier and into the exit. It is easier to perform on Nightmare!, where enemies attack more often and can swiftly reduce your health to the amount needed. On lower skill levels where they do not, you must also have the cacodemon bite you to accomplish this.
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||00:05||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2004-04-29||ic10p005.zip|
|NM speed||00:05||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2004-01-07||ic10np05.zip|
|UV max||01:56||Brian Nesser (Anima Zero)||2007-07-14||ic10-156.zip|
|NM100S||00:38||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2005-04-02||is10-038.zip|
|UV pacifist||00:05||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2004-04-29||ic10p005.zip|
|UV max TAS||01:59||Andy Olivera||1999-12-31||icuvlmps.zip||IC10UV.LMP|
|HMP speed nomo||02:56||TeamTNT||1996-04-07||icarhelp.zip||IC10HELP.LMP|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 13, 2015.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 97)
- facing north. (thing 98)
- facing north-east. (thing 99)
- facing north-west. (thing 100)
- facing north-west. (thing 101)
- facing south-west. (thing 102)