MAP10: Crimson Tide (Eternal Doom)
|Eternal Doom maps 01-11|
The blue key requires a secret. Once inside the building, explore to the left (west) side of the map. You'll see the key through a window to your right when you reach a section with some slime. Go down the first (not second) set of stairs into the next room. Turn left and press the demon face wall under the flashing light. Turn around and look for an opened door to your right on the opposite site of the room; go inside. At the top of the stairs behind this opened door is another unmarked door you can open to reveal the key.
In the outdoor courtyard with overlooks beyond the yellow door (near the end of the map), you must flip the switch next to door you came in to open the door on the other side. (The switch next to the far side door will simply re-open the door you entered through.)
- In the small room on the left side with the bodies on the table, press on the marking on the left side of the room to briefly open a wall to the southeast. Enter this small passage, ignoring the skull switch, and open the wall at the dead end to find the blue key. Use the skull switch to leave. (sector 349)
- From the lobby, climb the steps up and go left, through a small corridor all the way to the next door. In the next room you come across, look north and open the wall for the secret. Go all the way down the steps, then backtrack a bit, taking either side path so you can go onto the balcony where the soul sphere is. (sector 455)
- In the small room on the left side with the bodies on the table, press on the marking on the right side of the room to open up a wall nearby. Inside is a spectre (two on Ultra-Violence or higher) and a chainsaw. (sector 597)
- The teleporter from Secret #6 takes you to the left balcony overlooking the room just before the exit teleporter. You can find a soul sphere and a teleporter to Secret #5 here. (sector 604)
- The teleporter in the previous secret takes you to the right balcony, where you can collect a megaarmor. (sector 609)
- After getting the yellow key, return to the bridge over nukage, just south of the small room with the bodies on the table, then open the yellow door on the left side for a teleporter. (sector 633)
Two teleport landings (Things 534 and 535) are placed far north-east of the playable map but have no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes anyway, so they do not actually appear in the level.
Only 90% items is possible, as the soul sphere you see at the end is not accessbile normally (it is part of the next level).
Areas / screenshots
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing north. (thing 5)
- facing north. (thing 6)
- facing north. (thing 7)
- facing north. (thing 554)
- facing south. (thing 555)
- facing north. (thing 556)