MAP10: Dog House C (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|The Gaulheim Hit|
|The Iron Invasion|
|The Scourge of Mordin|
|Return to Jotunheim|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
This prison block is a nonlinear collection of concrete halls: Juno can follow them in any order she wishes.
The left path eventually leads to the blue exit door, and a switch that raises the staircase to the command office at the center of the cell block, where an Administrator holds the yellow key. You can reach the office with a good jump, but the stairs make it much easier to access in a pinch.
The right path leads down the stairs and past the command office to the solitary cells. The wall switch here lowers the pillars and releases a Block Lord and Mommybots, along with the red key. Taking the key not only opens the all the cells (releasing an army of Ghosts), but also summons an Einherjar at the opposite end of the facility.
Both keys are used in the security room at the map's start to open the doors to Veidt's office (and the cells lining both hallways). Many of the cells contain useful items as well. Resupply before entering the office to grab the blue key: you'll need it all for the fight with the Sky Hounds.
Leave the office and return to the blue door to exit the level.
Boss: Sky Hound
Veidt appears to have left during the chaos. Once you grab the key from her desk, the door seals you in, and the walls explode on either side of the room: two Sky Hounds begin bombarding you with rockets from the new windows. Eventually another wall explodes to reveal a third, if you fail to kill them quickly enough. They only attack by firing Einherjar rockets, but they fire them frequently and there is very little cover besides the narrow pillars lining the room. Eventually the door opens again and allows you to escape.
Other points of interest
- You can deactivate the death machine in the torture chamber to annoy Veidt, but her victim is beyond saving.
- On harder difficulty settings, several cells contain Juggernauts which can easily reach Juno as she passes. Watch out for them.
- The left path from the start point takes you through a laboratory with one wall covered in electronics. The single bare stretch of this wall can be opened, revealing a box of shotgun shells. (sector 266)
- The infirmary supply closet can be opened to reveal a medical backpack and a ballistic knife. (sector 263)
- The crate of Gungnir ammo in the cell just before the exit door isn't technically a secret, but it is easy to overlook.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are: