MAP10: Eureka Signs (BTSX-E2)
|Back to Saturn X E2 maps 06-11|
MAP10: Eureka Signs is the tenth map of the second episode of Back to Saturn X. It was designed by Sarah Mancuso (esselfortium), who also composed the music track, "Noir." In the official add-on version, this level's name is Tarantula Oil.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- From the very start, turn left and open the wall behind the sets of shotgun shells to find a berserk pack. (sector 573)
- On the large room with the multiple heads on spits at the very north of the map, check the southeast corner for a lozenge switch. This switch opens a passage at the north end of the room (sector 285) leading to a soulsphere.
- At the veranda leading to the blue key, there are four niches on the southeast corner. One of them has a different wall texture; press it to open a small room (sector 566) in a monster closet to the west of the niches, with a medikit and two energy cells.
- After the ambush at the very south, check the compartment the enemies come from. One nook has an orange wall light, the other has a blinking yellow rune. Use this rune to lower a lift to the left, leading to an elevated balcony (sector 521) where you can collect a few armor bonuses and a soulsphere.
- At the southwest end of the map, there is a cross switch below three torches, and a lone bookcase to the south of it on a platform with candles. On a corner in the stairway to the southeast there are three figures. Use the one with the glowing eyes, then immediately run to the platform, drop down to the right and hit the switch on the pillar to lower the bookcase's platform like a lift. If you did this sequence fast enough, the bookcase will sink into the platform enough for you to hop into the secret passage behind it (sector 1048) as the whole platform raises back up. Head through this passage and across the stone walkway to the water on the other side, where a wall has lowered to reveal a secret chamber containing four bulk cells and a megasphere.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 20, 2018.