MAP10: Hey Guys Romero Actually Showed Up This Time (32in24-14)
This level occupies the map slot MAP10. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP10.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the staircase west of the starting point, press on the large UAC logo on the east wall to reveal a medikit and a teleporter. (sector 71)
- Take the teleporter in Secret #1 to get this secret. You can get a box of shotgun shells here, and also open the east wall to reveal another wall to the east with a box of rockets and a medikit inside. In that closet, lower the north wall to get a soul sphere. (sector 44)
- Grab the plasma gun to open three closets. Enter the one at the north end and press on the wall with pipes to get a berserk pack. Ride it up and head north and around for health bonuses. (sector 68)
- Enter the water pit in the middle of the map and go through the southeast corner to find a cave with a rocket launcher and a box of rockets. (sector 37)
- Flip the switch in the northernmost area to open up the southwest passage. Go there until you hear something lower. Quickly head east, up the steps, and to the inner wall where a megaarmor has lowered. (sector 116)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Inspiration and development
- This level is so named because it is an attempt at a John Romero-style techbase map, and in reference to Romero being quoted in an email as wanting to join Zandronum's "20th Anniversary of Doom" Saturday Night Survival the previous year, only to not show up at the actual event.