MAP10: Lockdown (Doom 2 Unleashed)
|Doom 2 Unleashed maps 01-11|
|No Hope For Peace|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You start on the south-west corner of a large square walkway. The walkway surrounds a cross-shaped building guarded by eight arachnotrons who can shoot you if you spend too long in the open.
Head east past a number of monsters, taking a super shotgun on the way, until you reach the south-east corner then go through the east door to a room with metal columns. Turn right and follow the narrow path until you reach the wall, then go down the steps and turn left to kill two or three revenants guarding a skull switch. Press the switch then return to the walkway and go to its north-west corner, going through the north or west doors to confront a Hell knight and some imps as well as two revenants on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill level. In the north-west corner you will find a baron of Hell guarding a rocket launcher and a second skull switch which you need to press.
Go to the north-east corner of the walkway, ready to kill any demons teleporting in from that area, then head north-east across a bridge and through an open door until you reach a window through which you can see the red skull key. Kill the two mancubi overlooking the area, then step through either doorway next to the window so you can reach the red key. Approaching the key will lower two walls behind you revealing two spectres and/or revenants depending on skill level.
Yellow key and exit
Backtrack to the start point, watching out for two or three revenants that have teleported on to the bridge leading to the red key area. Go through the west door with red skull markings, drop to the floor below and turn left to kill some approaching revenants and spectres. Go round the corner to find a mancubus waiting at the top of some stone steps, kill it and press the switch it was guarding to raise a lift by the red key door. Go back to the red key door and press another switch in the north-west corner to lower the lift, then ride it up and go through the doorway to the south to find the yellow skull key. Watch out for any overhead chaingunners on the ledge to your right.
Go back through the red key door and open a second door in front of you to find a teleporter, which will send you to the central structure with the arachnotrons. Take the plasma gun in front of you and climb the brown steps, but use caution as the windows of the building have opened to reveal a number of chaingunners. Go through any of the doors, ready to kill any waiting revenants as well as an arch-vile that teleports on to the patch of sky at the bottom of the steps. Once the way ahead is clear, step on to the patch of sky that the arch-vile came from to finish the level.
Other points of interest
At the south-east corner of the walkway, step through the south door to trigger a crushing ceiling. A berserk pack can be seen behind the crusher; as the crusher rises, you have just enough time to take the berserk and step back before the crusher lowers again.
- At the yellow key, use the south wall where the health bonuses are to find an armor. (sector 71)
- Approaching the red key lowers the walls behind you. Get on one of them and use it to enter the stand where the chaingunner is to get a backpack. (sector 118)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 92)
- facing north-west. (thing 93)
- facing south-west. (thing 94)
- facing south-east. (thing 95)
- Three super shotguns at the south-east, north-east and north-west corners of the square walkway. (things 97-99)
- Three plasma guns by the south-east, north-east and north-west teleporters around the central building. (things 101-103)
- Four chainguns on the east, south, north and west sides of the walkway. (things 521-524)
- Four boxes of shotgun shells at the south-west, south-east, north-east and north-west corners of the walkway. (things 525, 527, 529 and 531)
- Four boxes of bullets at the south-west, south-east, north-east and north-west corners of the walkway. (things 526, 528, 530 and 532)
- Four boxes of rockets on the east, south, north and west sides of the walkway. (things 533-536)
- Eight piles of 4 shotgun shells by the south-west, south-east, north-east and north-west corners of the walkway. (things 537-544)
- Two boxes of bullets in the north-west room, by a rocket launcher. (things 545 and 546)