MAP10: The Judas Tree (Earthless: Prelude)
|Earthless: Prelude maps|
The Hanged Gardens
|Realm of the Weeping|
This level occupies the map slot MAP10. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP10.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- As the level starts, turn slightly to the left and walk straight forward until you go over the edge. You should land on a square island with a megasphere. (sector 591)
- After entering the main building make a left at the evil eye then turn right to enter a corridor with pipe walls on either side. Use the west wall with scorches on it (sector 592) to open a chamber with a spectre and demon, enter it then turn right to find a lift leading up to a backpack and a box of rockets.
- On the north side of the map is a staircase that goes down to an area with three other paths to choose from - two sets of steps that are opposite each other, or a short bend with an evil eye to the right. Go to the eye and run south to a ledge with imps, press the skull switch then go due east to a lift and ride it back up to the top of that staircase; part of the east wall has lowered letting you drop down to a megaarmor and two energy cells. (sector 197)
- After entering the water maze at the north end of the map, make a left to enter the room with the lift then press the wall in the north-west corner to open it and reveal a teleporter. (sector 517) Press the button in the south-east corner to lower the lift, enter the teleporter then run forward to collect a megasphere that has lowered.
- North of the blue key door is a balcony. Stand on this balcony and look south to shoot an evil eye in front of you, which will reveal a lion switch to your right. Pressing this switch will lower a platform with imps; step on the platform and wait for it to rise then run west to reach a supercharge in a wall opening. (sector 274)
- When you reach the gray ledge leading to the red skull key, instead of leaping across to the key walk west to drop down to a platform with a BFG9000, a stimpack and an energy cell. (sector 256)
- When you reach the collapsed throne near the end of the level, climb up the steps either side of it then look behind the throne - you will see a megasphere that you can reach with a running jump. (sector 521)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on March 2, 2022.