MAP11: Brown Building (32 in 24)
|32 in 24 maps 01-11|
This was the fourteenth submission to the project, arriving eight and a half hours into the session, seven minutes after MAP10. It was the authors first speedmap, and took about one hour to build. It was not intended to have a custom music track, but due to a mix-up during compilation, it was given the music track intended for MAP12 instead.
Brown Building is an accurate description of the map. Small and moderately lit, it features three outdoor areas in the south-west, south-east and north of the maps, linked together by a network of corridors running through a small brown building. The building features no interior rooms, and apart from some ammo, only the chaingun is present in the corridors. Therefore the map is more focused on its outdoor areas.
The south-west outdoor area is the largest. The ledge is accessible either by running on to it from the eastern steps, or by either of the two spawn points located on it. A small hut is in its south-western corner, and contains a plasma gun. There are two connecting passages to the northern area that avoid the main corridor - the easternmost of these contains a green armor.
The northern area is significantly smaller. A super shotgun can be found here, placed on the grass. Players can take the lift to access the northern cliff, where the BFG9000 is found. There is a five second delay between the lowering of the lift and its return, so players must fend off opponents while they wait in order to get the BFG. Another small hut is on this ledge, containing a medikit. The south-east corner of this area features a raised in the alcove in the side of the building, containing a megaarmor. This is only available for players who spawn at either of the two spawn points inside.
The south-east area is the middle-sized of the three. The rocket launcher is available here, accessed by going up the steps around the edge of the area.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- In the south-east area, by the window, facing north-east. Spawns with a shotgun and some shells. (thing 1)
- Inside the megaarmor alcove in the northern area, facing west. No other items are given, and is just 91 map units from spawn #3, which is also inside the alcove. (thing 2)
- Right next to spawn #2, facing north. (thing 3)
- In the north-west corner of the south-west area, facing south-east on the ledge. Spawns with a super shotgun and some shells, with a backpack nearby. This spawn is also closer to the plasma gun than its main opponent, spawn #7, giving an advantage over the player that spawns there. (thing 4)
- In the northernmost corridor, facing south-west. Spawns with a shotgun (thing 5)
- At the south end of the main corridor, facing north-west. No initial item, but the chaingun is reasonably close by. (thing 6)
- In the south-east corner of the south-west area, facing west. Spawns with a super shotgun and some shells. (thing 7)
Areas / screenshots
|Box of bullets||2|
|4 shotgun shells||7|
|Box of shotgun shells||2|
|Box of rockets||1|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|
- Doomworld forums. at the