MAP11: City of the Damned (Beta 64)
|Beta 64 maps 11-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP11. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP11.
MAP11: City of the Damned is the eleventh map of Beta 64. It was designed by Antnee.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the beginning, enter the building in front of you by finding a door at the back, then press a wall inside between two yellow torches. From there you can access a balcony and pick up two energy cells. (sector 497)
- See secret #1 (thing 269)
- See secret #1 (thing 270)
- In the building to the left of the starting area, enter through the main door and press the misaligned wall at the back to unlock a courtyard containing a group of sergeants, a box of bullets, two energy cells and a plasma rifle. Picking the plasma rifle also spawns a pain elemental in this area. (sector 338)
- See secret #4 (thing 173)
- See secret #4 (thing 175)
- See secret #4 (thing 176)
- In the northernmost building housing the red key, press on a misaligned texture on the western wall to unlock an armor (thing 244) on the Watch me die! skill level, or a megaarmor (thing 243) on lower skill levels.
- After raising a bridge in the north using the switch located behind the red door, access the bridge itself by going through the blue door located in the central building. Here, a switch will reveal a soulsphere where the red key used to be. (thing 275) (Can it actually be picked up? I can't seem to be able to do it, need someone to doublecheck this)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are: