MAP11: Dawn of the Dead (Eternal Doom)
|Eternal Doom maps 01-11|
MAP11: Dawn of the Dead is the eleventh level of Eternal Doom and was designed by Christopher Couleur. It is the last level in episode II.
- The blue key is visible in plain sight but you must find a secret to obtain it properly. Look for a grey stone wall that can be opened to the opposite of a single shining torch nearby.
- The red key is also in a secret. Go midway up the staircase with the red torches and (assuming you were going up the stairs, not down) find a crack in the wall to the left. Shoot it, flip a switch, go into the small opened area behind you, and press the far end wall to reveal the red key.
- To reveal the red key door, hit the blue skull switches behind both blue key doors. This will grant access to a red skull switch in the room between the blue and red torch staircases. This red skull switch makes the red key door accessible.
- To find the exit, press on a wall to the left in the final small room (which formerly housed a cyberdemon).
To get the blue key go all the way up the blue torch staircase (the one just outside the entrance to the BFG9000 courtyard). Turn left into the small hallway. You can see the key (and a chaingunner guarding it) on the ledge of a barred window. Go back into the hallway and open a secret door across from a lone blue torch. Go into the secret area and down the hall to get the blue key. This will spawn multiple pink demons and, in the hallway, a Hell knight. Go to the two different blue key doors surrounding the BFG courtyard and find and hit all the blue switches. There are two more blue switches that are hidden. To find these, halfway up the blue torch staircase is a breakaway wall. Smash through and hit the switch to open up a doorway on the opposite side. The two hidden blue switches are in the area beyond.
To get the red key go halfway up the red torch staircase. Like on the blue torch staircase, there is a breakaway wall on one side. Smash through and hit the switch to open up a doorway on the opposite side. At the end of the small revealed corridor is a rock wall. Use it and the wall opens to reveal a small room with the red key in it. After getting the red key, go down the staircase and use the wall at the bottom as an elevator to get the plasma gun. Go back into the yellow key courtyard and go through one of the main doors to find that the pillars guarding the red switch (to the left) have gone up (after pressing the blue switches beyond the blue key doors). Hit the red switch to open up a stairway on the surrounding top level of the BFG courtyard (accessible by the blue or red torch staircases).
To get the yellow key go through the red key door at the top of the BFG courtyard once you've hit the red switch. At the end of the hallway are some imps and a pillar. The switch on the back side of the pillar reveals a secret area with imps in it. The switch on the front side, followed by another switch in a small area opened up to the right, makes the pillar descend and turn into a teleport pad. This will teleport you into the yellow key courtyard. Simply pick up the yellow key. Go back to the red key door, up the stairs, and enter the yellow key door.
In the vines room watch out for hidden enemies behind the vines. Hit the yellow switch in this room and go down the hallway until you can see the BFG courtyard. Hit a switch on the wall to raise a staircase up to the BFG. This will spawn some revenants on the BFG platform. Go back to the vines room and hit a switch on the non-vine-covered pillar to open the other door. Follow the corridor back out into the red key hallway and out into the BFG courtyard. Climb the stairs (starting with a lift) and hit the switches on both sides of the pillar. The one facing away from you lowers the BFG.
Go out and across the yellow key courtyard. A wall has opened up (marked by flickering lights). On one side is a broken window you can go out of to get invisibility. Use the teleport to get back into the hallway. Enter the large brown stone room. There are two mancubi in here, and one is hidden next to the platform. Kill them and then run around a bit in the middle with the megasphere - save the megasphere for later if you can. There's a little square you can use to teleport out of it and back up top. Hit the switch on the top platform. More switches are revealed that lower pillars into the room. The last switch looks different and lowers the back wall to reveal a cyberdemon. Kill the cyberdemon with your BFG, hiding behind the switches up top or the pillars around the sides. Watch out for a cacodemon or two behind the stained glass windows. Once the cyberdemon is dead, head down to pick up the megasphere - but save the soul sphere. Head to where the soul sphere is and get ready to run, as another cyberdemon has appeared. Use the teleport to get back up top and kill this one. Once he's dead, head back down and open the wall on the rear left to find the exit. There's some chaingunners right behind the doors, so watch out as you are leaving.
- Use the switch in the northeast corner of the starting area to lower the lift. Notice the opening on the left wall. When the lift rises, run to this opening and go west. A candle marks the location of a megasphere hidden in an invisible wall. Look out for the Hell knight inside. (sector 405)
- Two steps down from the first secret, you can open the south wall to discover a spectre and an energy cell. (sector 116)
- From the previous two secrets, head all the way down the steps. Open the wall between the two candles, then open the next door you come across to find a zombieman guarding a soul sphere, a box of rockets, and an energy cell. (sector 466)
- Southeast of Secret #3, press the skull switch and drop to the walkway overlooking the starting area. Run all the way to the end and take the lift up before it rises to get a megaarmor. (sector 118)
- Take the lift at the northeast part of the starting area (just east of Secret #4) all the way up. At the top, head to the northeast dark passage, and where the torch shines, open the wall there. Follow the path to the blue key. (sector 172)
- From the door leading east from the starting area, take the northern set of steps until you see a cracked wall to the east. Shoot it to find a shotgun guy and a skull switch. (sector 198)
- The switch in Secret #6 opens up the water room behind you. To the southwest are two skull switches, one of which opens some monster closets, while the other one raises steps to the soul sphere. (sector 175)
- From the door leading east from the starting area, take the southern set of steps until you see a cracked wall to the east. Shoot it to find an imp and a skull switch which opens up the wall behind you. Open a wall in there for the red key. (sector 197)
- Once you get the blue key, take the steps west of the starting area, then go south and east, until you reach the well. A new opening to the east here has a medikit and a rocket. (sector 110)
- At the northeasternmost section of the map, get behind the column with the switch and use the switch on the backside to open the wall behind you, which has imps guarding two boxes of rockets, a medikit, and an energy cell. (sector 303)
- Use the switches in the large room at the left side of the map until you unlock the side paths behind you. Then, take the side path going north and at the bend, press on the stained glass to the east. A zombieman guards a box of ammo and a box of shotgun shells here. (sector 471)
Areas / screenshots
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 5)
- facing south. (thing 7)
- facing north-west. (thing 9)
- facing north. (thing 10)
- facing east. (thing 11)