MAP11: Deep But Not Profound (1000 Lines 2 CP)
|1000 Lines 2 CP maps
|Industrial planet levels
|Ice planet levels
|Marble palace levels
MAP11: Deep But Not Profound is the eleventh map of 1000 Lines 2 - Community Project. It was designed by James Cresswell (Phobus) and uses the music track "Forest of Concrete" by Damian Lee (Lexus Alyus).
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the super shotgun in front of you if needed and kill any zombiemen guarding it, then go through the south-west doorway to reach a ledge on the west side of a large nukage lake. Follow the path to a room with various enemies, including one or two mancubi on the central pillars, then go up the steps and press the lift at the top to lower it and reveal a revenant (or arch-vile on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels). Ride the lift up and collect a rocket launcher and boxes of rockets in the next chamber, then walk east until you drop down a hole and land on a ledge with some imps - the wall on your right will open to reveal more imps along with two mancubi, joined by demons and revenants on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) or higher. Kill the monsters then flip the switch between the columns on the north side, before entering the monster closet to flip a second switch on the south wall.
Drop into the nukage and run north-east past an L-shaped bridge that raised when you flipped the switches, then continue running through a narrow trench until you hear a lift lower on your left. Ride the lift up then walk south-west to a set of steps, take the shotgun here then run up the steps so that you land on the L-shaped bridge. Follow the bridge through another doorway to a corridor with zombiemen, dispose of them along with any revenants and cacodemons that teleport in then follow the path east and south to a room with a green cross on the floor - there are some zombies and imps hiding behind the blocks in this room, along with more cacodemons at the south side of the room (plus an arch-vile on UV and NM). Step on the green cross to lower four tan columns holding cacodemons and Hell knights (replaced with mancubi on UV and NM) then flip the switch in the center to reveal three more switches around the room. Flip the east switch first, then flip the west and south switches in quick succession - the tan columns will lower like lifts, allowing you to run across to a doorway in the south wall before a set of bars close on it.
Follow the tunnel past some lost souls and a pain elemental (plus revenants and knights on HMP or higher) then press the lift at the north end to lower it; the lift will take you up to a chamber where you can drop down a hole to reach the yellow keycard. Step back into the area where you flipped the two switches then drop into the nukage again and run north-east to return to the lift you used earlier; ride the lift up and walk north-west into a room with a chaingun and armor, then press the pink skull button on the north-east wall to raise a staircase behind you. Go up the steps to a walkway and follow it north-west to a yellow door, then go through it and walk forward until you see a skull switch on your right - this switch will open the bars blocking the portal below, and some revenants will appear in front of it, joined by one arch-vile on HMP or two on UV and NM. Go through the portal to be teleported to a death exit; the map will end automatically after a few moments.
Other points of interest
On I'm Too Young To Die and Hey Not Too Rough, two radiation shielding suits are placed in the nukage lake at the south-east and north-east corners.
- In the area with the purple switch that raises some steps, enter the dark alcove with the twitching impaled victim and a door will open. Quickly run east and behind the cage to the north-east, then follow the passage to get to a supercharge. (sector 59)
- At the south end of the map with the lights, you will notice one of them is not blinking in sync with the others near it. Cross over it going east and a wall will lower, revealing a hidden radiation suit. (sector 126)
- Reach the lift at the south-east end of the map and lower it, but instead of taking it, quickly run back to the column from before to find a switch. Flip the switch, then go back to the lift and take it up. You can now access the radiation suit inside the cage. (sector 146)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing south-east. (thing 158)
- facing north-west. (thing 159)
- facing south-east. (thing 160)
- facing south-east. (thing 162)
- facing north-east. (thing 163)
- facing south. (thing 166)
- facing south-west. (thing 169)
- facing north-east. (thing 170)