MAP11: Spiralunky (Doomworld Mega Project 2017)
|DMP 2017 maps 11-20|
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP11: Spiralunky is the eleventh map of Doomworld Mega Project 2017. It was designed by Ben Mansell (Bauul) and uses the music track "The Baying of the Hounds" by Opeth, sequenced to MIDI.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- When you reach the first rocket launcher, drop off to the south to get a green armor. (sector 625)
- Drop to the right of the starting bridge to get a soul sphere. (sector 668)
- When you reach the lift going up, take it and there will be five health bonuses at the top. Jump off a bit to the north for another green armor. (sector 714)
- As you wind your way around the starting spiral sections, there will be a green armor at the south end near a large tree. (sector 2132)
- Enter the teleporter at the starting point and drop to the south of the teleporter to pick up a megaarmor. (sector 3135)
- At the northwest end on the path with health bonuses, head towards the rock that you circled around and to the southwest end for a green armor. (sector 4484)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The exit switch can be reached through the red key barriers, meaning most of the map can be skipped.
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:02.37||Keyboard_Doomer||2018-02-22||mp1711p237.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||13:35.74||Erick Tenorio (GuyNamedErick)||2018-02-21||mp1711-1335.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 24, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
Inspiration and development
The title is a combination of "spiral" (the overall shape of the map) and Spelunky, the 2D platforming roguelike that is themed around delving underground (as the map involves climbing out of the ground).