MAP11: The Garrison (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 01-11|
This level occupies the map slot MAP11. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP11.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Past the small door in the large room at the start, take the elevator to the east and activate the wall section with the pipes in front of you, revealing a small corridor with a berserk pack at the end. (sector 177)
- In the room with the blue keycard on top of the pillar, jump into the toxic pool below and activate the elevator in the northwest corner to lower it. Quickly go into the alcove to the west as it goes up to find a backpack. (sector 116)
- In secret #2, shoot or hit the wall behind the backpack to reveal a teleporter (sector 236) that will take you to the soul sphere on the other side on the room.
- In the toxic pool in the middle of the easternmost room, when you step on the platform with the bulk cell a wall section will lower to reveal a skull lever on the other side of the room. Quickly run around and press it to open the path to a teleporter (sector 224) behind you that will take you to the BFG9000 visible next to the two blue key doors.
A lift to north of the central area has a pressable action linedef that is flipped to the wrong side, making it impossible to use it.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 47)
- facing south. (thing 68)
- facing south. (thing 230)
- facing east. (thing 263)
- facing west. (thing 274)
- facing south-east. (thing 288)
- facing west. (thing 314)