MAP11: The Grieving Outpost (Community Chest 3)
|Community Chest 3 maps 01-11|
MAP11: The Grieving Outpost is the eleventh map of Community Chest 3. It was designed by Burke Hill (Kirby), and uses the music track "Kitchen Ace (and Taking Names)" from Doom. It makes use of the GothicDM texture set, and is noticeably smaller than other levels in the megawad.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- In the hallway leading to the west side of where the blue key is found, there is a section of the west wall bordered by thin strips of rusted metal. Open it to get 4 shotgun shells and a rocket launcher. (sector 568)
- When you open the barrier blocking the exit, an alcove containing enemies will open behind you. At the rear end of this alcove is a column of brown panels bordered by rusted metal. Open it to find a switch. Push it, and head back near the exit to find that you now have access to a switch at the east end. (sector 479) Activate this switch to lower the pillar to the west like a lift, enabling access to a rocket launcher.
- The doors in front of which players 3 and 4 start the level in cooperative multiplayer (linedefs 1563 and 1766) are switch-activated doors without tags. Unless the game is running in a ZDoom-based source port, neither player will be able to escape their confinement when the level begins.
- Unlike most of the megawad, skill levels are not implemented in this level in any fashion; the gameplay is identical regardless of what setting you choose.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||02:57||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2008-12-05||c311-257.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.