MAP11: The Ignorant (NDCP)
|NDCP maps 01-11|
Kill the imps in front of you and approach the door. You will be barred and several chaingunners ambush you from the east. The switch in their closet removes those bars. Go through to the next room. Approach the switch to the east and it will be blocked by blue bars while a blue switch appears nearby. Now head west and cross over to the next room. A channel of blood is here along with imps in a cage. Hit the switch to instantly reveal stairs to a door. Behind this door, an arrow points to the door slightly to your right. Ignore it for now and head southeast into a new room. Go through the door immediately to your right as you enter and head west grabbing a super shotgun and stepping on the lit platform with gibs on it. When you step on it you will see metal railings allowing access to a rocket launcher. More importantly, other railings will be revealed leading to the blue keycard. To get the rocket launcher, head back into the previous room and hit the switch on the eastern side to lower a lift north of you to another switch. This switch opens a tiny door in the room a bit south of the first switch you pressed in that room. Shoot this switch to raise the nukage up so you can access a teleporter. Go on the metal railings and grab the rocket launcher. To get the blue key, go back to the room with the door that the arrow is pointing to. You will be able to access it thanks to the metal railings. There is a teleporter at the bottom of the nukage in case you fall in, taking you back to the room. There should be another door here leading to a switch which opens the door next to it, the same one you came in, allowing you to go back. With that in mind, head back to the room with the blood channel. A new area with cacodemons and red bars is open. Examine the bars and you will be able to go back westward to where the blue-barred switch was. Flip the switches and the red bars where the cacodemons were will be open to give you access to a wooden area. Go back here and approach the box of rockets to open an alcove with a baron of Hell in it. The switch here lowers a courtyard with many monsters and an exit teleporter.
- Head to the room with the blood seeping in the floor. Just to the west of there, enter the hall and press on the wall with the vertical stripes to find some stairs leading up to the cage. There are armor bonuses and a green armor here. (sector 116)
- After opening the door at the start, you will reach a room just before a lowered lift. Turn left and open the wall at the center point to find a switch to shoot. After shooting it, head back to the door to find a box of rockets. (sector 177)
- Take the door in the southeasternmost room and go all the way to the pad on the floor. After stepping on it, return to the starting point to find a megasphere. (sector 192)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||03:58||Vladimir Monakhov (skepticist)||2010-03-29||ndcpmax.zip||1|
Last updated on April 3, 2013.
1. ^ ndcpmax.zip is a collection of UV max demos for NDCP.
Inspiration and development
- This was iori's first released map.
- While gameplay and visuals were not particularly memorable, it marked the beginning of a flurry of maps in which the quality of both the aforementioned categories steadily increased. iori took inspiration from Doom's episode 2 in the texturing of this map and used splashes of colour to capture the eye where the architecture could not.