MAP12: Confliction (Doomworld Mega Project 2016)
|DMP 2016 maps 11-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP12. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP12.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP12: Confliction is the twelfth map of Doomworld Mega Project 2016. It was designed by James Caldwell (Obsidian) and uses the music track "Octo," originally composed by Kevin Schilder for Hexen.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the chamber at the west end of the map with the yellow key on top of a pillar, there are crushing bars to the south. If you look closely at the west side of these bars, there will be a gargoyle switch you can use. Use it, then east from this chamber, then south, and finally west and north, jumping across the water. At the two alcoves with stimpacks, go through the waterfall on the right side to telefrag a mancubus and find a megaarmor. (sector 221)
- In the water area at the north end of the map, look to the two lit satyr switches at the north and south sides. There are hidden gargoyle switches on the sides of these switches. Look at the west side of both to be able to reach the soul sphere behind the south satyr switch. (sector 300)
- Entering the water area described above reveals several blocks, one of which has twenty health bonuses and twenty armor bonuses. When you get to the upper ledge well to the north of here, drop down on the blocks and maneuver to the one with the bonuses for the secret. (sector 346)
- At the blue bar near the center of the map, look southeast to the room with the plasma gun. If you look hard enough you can spot an eye switch; by shooting it, you will find a single health bonus. Going into this alcove also crushes three chaingunners nearby.(sector 371)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on January 24, 2022.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: