MAP12: Dormitory Sector (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|The Gaulheim Hit|
|The Iron Invasion|
|The Scourge of Mordin|
|Return to Jotunheim|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
This small city block is a residential zone for White Hell's staff, and is filled with an oppressive number of troops. Fight your way through the first building until you come to the balcony. Drop down and enter the central building, which has three doors leading into it: once you open the doors, a horde of enemies will pour onto the street from either end of the sector, sandwiching you. There is an elevator here with a blue lock: the key is on the upper level of the small lab across the street, accessed via door switch.
Another wave of enemies pours in after you access the elevator. Go upstairs and retrieve the yellow key, which opens the door beneath the large Valkyrie Guard symbol. This building is a long hall of sealed doors: the only available room to explore is the large laboratory, where you have your first encounter with Veidt: she laughs and flees the lab shortly before unleashing four Einherjars on you. Use super stims, rockets, and any missile pods you have handy to destroy them all and escape the lab. The sealed door at the top of the stairs is now open.
This leads through another lab to an outdoor area and a small warehouse. The upper level of the small lab has a switch that opens the warehouse doors: go inside and up the stairs, then flip the switch to open the exit door and unleash a Thor Einherjar. He merely blocks your path to the exit switch, so lure him outside to kill or evade him.
Other points of interest
- There are two alternate paths through the first part of the map, both accessed from the balcony. Instead of jumping down, you can leap across to the blue key lab's ledge and enter through the open window to grab the blue key right away. Or, instead of entering this window (which closes behind you), you can walk along the ledge and jump across the trailer blocking the street to the open window of the yellow key office, bypassing the entire section.
- The blue key lab has a back room filled with organs in jars. The machine in the back is accessible via yellow key and rewards your curiosity with a medical backpack.
- The air vent in the opening area's office hides a missile pod. (sector 28)
- The air vent above the entrance to the small armory (across the street from the balcony) hides a ballistic knife. (sector 70)
- Behind the Valkyrie Guard symbol at the top of the blue key laboratory stairs is a cache of goodies. (sector 70)
- Hidden amid the junk in one storage unit of the warehouse is a Shit Creek scattergun. (sector 284)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are: