MAP12: Entropy (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 11-20|
MAP12: Entropy is the twelfth map of Alien Vendetta. The first few rooms were designed by Adam Windsor, with the rest of the level designed by Brad Spencer. It uses the music track "The Imp's Song" from Doom. It consists of three separate maps originally intended for a project to remake Doom II's levels to fit their titles. The three remade maps were: MAP01: Entryway (designed by Windsor,) MAP02: Underhalls (after the slow elevator in Entryway,) and MAP03: The Gantlet (after the teleporter in Underhalls.)
Some zombies are in front of you at the start, so kill them and head into the next room. Here, there is a room to your left, a room to your right, and two lifts that will take you up to the next floor in front of you. Go to the room on your right for a super shotgun, and go to the room on your left for ammo. Now take the lifts to the next floor and enter the next room. Here, take the lift up and in this room is another super shotgun. Attempting to grab it causes two revenants to teleport in. Now keep going east, down the lift and then down the staircase to the next room. Here, you need a blue key to proceed to the rest of the level, but the red key is optional.
To get it, take the west door and go all the way west. Through the next door is a room with a nukage column. There is a switch behind this column, where you can lower the column revealing a red keycard. For the red door, head into the main hall in this area to a four-way intersection. Go north, then west following this path until you find the red markings. Open the door and press the switch to lower the lift to various supplies.
For the blue key, head into the four-way intersection, and go north, then east (alternatively, go east and north through the first door). In this room, head behind the computer panel and find the switch, then return to the intersection. Go west, and through the northern door to another computer room. In the back of the room, the blue keycard should be available. Now return to the blue door by going back to the intersection and heading southward. Use the teleporter behind the blue door to go to the next area.
Head through the next two doors and you should see a megasphere in a dead-end room. Picking it up surrounds you with enemies. Run to the west, into the next hall into a room with the yellow keycard. Picking it up exposes you to chaingunners however. It might be a good idea to get through Secret #8 and #9 before picking up the key. Now go back to the room with the megasphere. There might be a lot of monsters to contend with in this room. What you need to do is head through either north path up the stairs to a control room where a yellow switch will reveal itself. Press it and the eastern path will open. On this eastern path, be careful of a genuine trap, then go through the next door through the hall into the penultimate room. Just entering this room is enough for some extra monsters to teleport in so be ready. Then you can exit the level. Note there is a berserk pack behind the exit switch.
- From the start, go through the big door, then swing around to your left and proceed through the smaller one. Open the brown wall in the next room to get some armor and health. (sector 299 in the first release; sector 297 in the second)
- Exit the room secret 1 was in, and hug the wall to the left. There's a rusty patch on the silver wall nearby; open it to reveal a secret hallway. Open the grated wall in this passage to access an adjacent room with some shotgun ammo. (sector 258 in the first release; sector 256 in the second)
- In the same early room secrets 1 and 2 were accessed from, there are two brown lifts. Lower the eastern one, and open the southern gray brick wall before the lift rises to reveal a secret room with a rocket launcher inside. (sector 255 in the first release; sector 253 in the second)
- A bit further on in the level is a room with two columns made of lights, and a ceiling light rimmed with blue. One of the brick walls here has a green tinge to it; open it to get a couple of rockets. (sector 15)
- While facing the blue door, head left (north) through the corridor until you reach a split in the path. Go left (west) and continue until you see an alcove high on the right (north) wall with some tall blue lights in it. Lower the wall beneath it like a lift, then ride it up and open the blue-light wall to get a berserk pack. (sector 196 in the first release; sector 194 in the second)
- From secret 5, head straight east until you are forced to take a right. In here is a nukage pool with an isolated column on the far side. On the opposite side of the column is a skull facade; press the use key on it to lower the column, revealing a combat armor. (sector 67)
- After passing through the teleporter behind the blue door, continue through the silver door into the next room. On the right-hand wall there is an inverted cross pattern; lower this wall to get a backpack. (sector 310 in the first release; sector 308 in the second)
- In the hallway leading to the yellow keycard, there are some stairs leading down with a computer alcove on the right-hand side. Run from the landing of the stairs into the alcove. The right side of the computer panel opens, revealing a hidden teleporter. (sector 409 in the first release; sector 407 in the second)
- After passing through the first teleporter within secret 8, open the center of the computer panel on the left to get a BFG. Take another couple of teleporters to exit this secret. (sector 584 in the first release; sector 578 in the second)
- After opening the yellow door, pass through it and continue through the corridor until the walls on your left and right open up in ambush. Inside the right-hand area that opened, there is a wall with a yellow lightning bolt symbol on it; open it up to get a medikit. (sector 557 in the first release; sector 552 in the second)
- From secret 10, continue through the "UAC"-marked door and you'll see another lightning bolt symbol on the wall in front of you. Open it up to get a rocket launcher. (sector 564 in the first release; sector 558 in the second)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||01:17||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2005-08-08||av12-117.zip|
|NM speed||04:22||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2008-12-21||an12-422.zip|
|UV max||07:25||Radek Pecka||2003-03-15||av12-725.zip|
|UV Tyson||28:24||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2006-05-01||at122824.zip|