MAP12: Entryway on Earth (Doom 2 Unleashed)
|Doom 2 Unleashed maps 12-20|
|No Hope For Peace|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go round the corner and open the door on your left to reach a passage with a grated floor. Follow the passage round past some zombiemen and open the door at the end, kill the zombies and shotgun guys waiting in the next room then go through a smaller door in the north-east corner to find a switch guarded by more zombiemen. Return to the previous room and head through the north-west door which has now opened, turn left to go through another door leading to a balcony and press the switch in the corner. Go back to the larger room to find that the pillar in the middle of the floor has lowered so you can collect the yellow keycard.
Go back to the passage with the grated floor and follow it until you see a silver door on your right, which requires the yellow key to open. Kill any waiting zombiemen and press the switch in the south-west corner, then leave the room and head east through another door that has now opened. Pass the waiting zombiemen and go down the steps to a small courtyard containing imps, then head through the north-west doorway and follow the walkway over the sludge, watching out for an ambush by one or more demons on the way. After crossing the bridge, lower the lift at the end and ride it up to a long tunnel with two zombiemen. Follow the tunnel east until you hear a door open behind you - this leads to a balcony with the blue keycard, which is guarded by a shotgun guy and an imp.
Go back to the long tunnel and head all the way east to a door with blue key markings. Go through it and kill the waiting zombiemen and imps, then head south around the blue structure to find a room with a zig-zag walkway over nukage. Follow the walkway (passing several zombiemen on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or higher) and ride the lift at the end down to a narrow tunnel, and follow this until you reach a door leading to a small courtyard under the starting point. Flip the switch in the north-east corner to open the nearby exit door, then go through to find shotgun guys and a chaingunner guarding another switch. Throw this switch to lower the floor behind you, drop down to collect a radiation shielding suit and follow the nukage stream until you reach another exit door. Flip the switch next to the door to open it and reveal a lift, which will carry you up to a teleporter - step into the teleporter to finish the level.
Other points of interest
After stepping on to the balcony with the blue key, backtrack to the lift you used earlier to find that a hole has opened in the west wall. Step through it to find a computer area map behind a grate.
The lift past the zig-zag walkway cannot be activated from below. In single-player this makes it impossible to return to the rest of the level once you have passed this point.
- In the yellow key room, go to the terminals by the west wall and use the switch on the south side to open a nearby alcove with an armor pickup. (sector 943)
- Open the yellow door and use the switch in the room to open the door to the east. Go through that door, then look back to see an arrow pointing south-west. Go back to the starting point to get a chainsaw. (sector 124)
- In the eastern courtyard, there is a shootable lion switch above the north-west doorway - you can shoot it from the window in the north-east corner of the courtyard. After shooting it, follow the light arrows as you backtrack through the halls and courtyard, and you will eventually find an open room in the hall south of the courtyard. Inside, shoot the recessed switch then return to the courtyard and enter the small passage near the west hall. The lift goes up to reach the area with the yellow key. (sector 6)
- In the south-east room, go through the west doorway to lower a platform behind you. Head behind this platform and flip the switch to lower a super shotgun, then grab it and you will hear bars open nearby. Use the lift behind them to get a box of shotgun shells and a vent shaft with lost souls and a medikit. (sector 725)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 4)
- facing north-east. (thing 5)
- facing north-west. (thing 6)
- facing south. (thing 7)
- A super shotgun outside secret #2. (thing 9)
- A rocket launcher and five rockets in the courtyard below the starting walkway. (thing 10-15)
- A chaingun and two boxes of bullets in the passage leading to the zig-zag walkway over nukage. (things 16-18)
- A plasma gun and a cell charge pack in the eastern courtyard. (things 19 and 20)
Inspiration and development
- The two rooms on the east side of the level bear a resemblance to rooms found in Doom's E1M1: Hangar.