MAP12: Imprisoned (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 12-20|
MAP12: Imprisoned is the twelfth map of Plutonia 2. It was designed by Kristian Käll (Kristus), Sam Woodman, Pedro Arturo Gomez Blanco (PAGB666) and Thomas van der Velden, and uses the music track "Under a Crimson Moon" by Eric Baker (The Green Herring). The par time defined in MAPINFO is 2:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
At the start, gather up your belongings and head for the western passage. There is a chaingun to the left, and the side passage leads to an underground area where you will acquire the blue keycard. Look out for chaingunners that ambush you, then return to the starting room. Flip the blue switch at the south end, and kill the cacodemon as well as the demon that appears from behind. Follow the passage behind the switch until you find a large room filled with monsters. Kill all of them and proceed to the switch in the back. Hit it and grab the rocket launcher, then go back where you will see an open door on your left. Go through it, and go outside and around the building for the yellow keycard. Many monsters will teleport in to try and stop you, so kill them on your way back. Once you are back in the large room, open the yellow door near the entrance of the room. Flip the switch at the end of the hall to lower a box of bullets. The platform lowers into a new room with monsters, so dispose of them. Enter the northwest room and shoot down the mancubus, then head outside. Cross the bridge to the next building you see, but look out as towers will rise up with chaingunners teleporting onto them. In the large UAAF silo that is on the other side of the bridge, you will see that the path to the left is blocked up, so climb the steps up and take the long way, dropping down into the exit room when you finally reach it.
Other points of interest
- From the area near the start where all the shotgun guys are, turn left (south) and open the wall behind the light for a super shotgun. (sector 207)
- Continuing from the area described in secret #1, head west and down a small flight of stairs until you reach a door. The wall to your right has a white grate on it. Pull it down and it will lead to a soul sphere. (sector 210)
- Just to the left of the blue keycard is a very narrow switch. Lower it, then head back one room. Opposite the white grate, a passageway has opened. Follow it to collect all the chaingunners' ammo, as well as a chainsaw and berserk pack. (sector 86)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on April 13, 2013.
|First Demo Attempt||14:21||Memfis||2011-02-03||pl2mem12.zip|
Last updated on April 13, 2013.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing south-east. (thing 286)
- facing south. (thing 287)
- facing north. (thing 288)
- facing north-west. (thing 306)
- facing west. (thing 307)
Inspiration and development
- During development this map was called Damnation.