MAP12: King Arena (Kama Sutra)
|Kama Sutra maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP12. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP12.
- 1 Inspiration and development
- 2 Overview
- 3 Walkthrough
- 4 Areas / screenshots
- 5 Speedrunning
- 6 Deathmatch
- 7 Statistics
- 8 Technical information
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
- 13 References
Inspiration and development
Adolf Vojta's comments on this level:
- Third and the last map I took from my original mapset for doom1. It went through many design changes but the main things stayed in the same way. It's a tyson map including only SSG for the end and also some puzzles I am proud of.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Not far from the starting point, take the either elevator in the northern building. On the top floor, open the baron-faced marble panel to find a combat armor. (sector 212)
- When you teleport into the westernmost building (where the blue keycard is), you should notice a big crack in the wall ahead of you. Open it to reveal a passage (sector 155) that leads to the next secret sector:
- A ledge outside. (sector 58) From there you can straferun to grab the chainsaw sitting on a crate nearby.
- The red skull key is blocked by some mysterious barrier. Goad the nearby cyberdemon to shoot his rocket into a very conspicuous-looking opening in the wall opposite him. This will destroy barrels blocking your way to the key. (sector 41) Now you can proceed through the red key door and enable access to the super shotgun in the starting courtyard. Picking up the key also unleashes a crusher on the cyber which is a big plus on this Tyson-style map.
- Once the cyberdemon is disposed of, straferun into his room's window and open the door. This also opens another door across the corridor, allowing you to collect the blur and soul spheres that could have been seen earlier from the stating yard, behind the grate. (sector 153)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:07.37||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2010-03-17||ks12p737.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|NM speed||0:11.97||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2010-06-26||ks12n011.zip|
|UV Tyson||2:56.83||Jochen Schneidau (Angus)||2005-09-08||ks12t256.zip|
|UV pacifist||0:07.37||Karim El-Sheikh (Kimo Xvirus)||2010-03-17||ks12p737.zip|
|NoMo||0:05.97||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2013-06-30||ks_nomo.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 1, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing north. (thing 5)
- facing north. (thing 6)
- facing north. (thing 7)
- Megawad readme file (ksutra.txt)