MAP12: Transduction (TNT: Revilution)
|TNT: Revilution maps 12-20|
This level occupies the map slot MAP12. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP12.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
MAP12: Transduction is the twelfth map of TNT: Revilution. It was designed by Keegan Covey (Stupidbunny), Steve Muller (Kyka), Megamur and Darryl Steffen (dobu gabu maru), and uses the music track "Ionian Isolation," by Tristan Clark. The par time is 2:30.
Transduction was featured in Doomworld's Top 100 Most Memorable Maps, placing 90th.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- On the yellow key path, a light upstairs shines on the walls to the north. Press on the wall where the light stretches the longest to find a plasma gun. (sector 39)
- In the yellow key room, you can jump from the blue-floored alcoves that appeared once you picked up the key and through the window to head outside. Out here, you can find a super shotgun, an energy cell, and shotgun shells in the middle, and a medikit is in a far corner. There will also be a switch here to lower Secret #9, but you will have to reach Secret #4 first.(sector 61)
- When you first take the blue key path, there will be a shotgun guy and a zombiemen on the flanking ledges when you open the door. Press on either stone ledge to lower them, where you can find more energy cells. (sector 89)
- In the room with the nukage pit on the blue key path, there is a wall with red squares in the southwest corner. Open it for a berserk pack and a switch to lower the bars in Secret #2 that will allow you to reach Secret #9. (sector 659)
- Jump into the nukage pit mentioned in secret #4 and go to the northeast corner with the line on it. This is a fake wall hiding a passage leading to a radiation suit, a stimpack, a medikit, a box of shotgun shells, and two rockets. (sector 151)
- Open the green wall at the end of the passage in Secret #5 and follow the steps up to the next wall. This takes you to the windowed area behind the nukage pit, containing energy cells and a soul sphere. (sector 144)
- In the dark passage west of the nukage pit room, there are several alcoves, one of which has a computer terminal on it. Open this terminal to find a megaarmor. (sector 607)
- When you lower into the large room below the blue key, there will be a computer area map on the north side of the room. To reach it, go back to the passage leading to the blue key was. Before the passage lowered, you may have noticed a spinning disc on the upper wall of the entrance to this passage. Press on the wall here and run north to where the computer area map is, getting it before the platform rises. (sector 631)
- Once you use the switch in Secret #4, return to Secret #2 and go to the west side of the water. The bars will have lowered here, allowing you to flip the switch here. Now go to the large block in the southeast part of Secret #2 to find a BFG9000. (sector 576)
- Past the three-key bars at the start, press the switch at the far end of the room, then return to the center of this area and find the small area with corpses littered around. On the north wall here is a spinning disc, which hides a switch. This will lower the platform in the northeast with a berserk pack. (sector 91)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||7:20.66||Neil Kloster||2020-06-07||tntr12m720.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 2, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 286)
- facing north. (thing 453)
- facing east. (thing 529)
- facing south. (thing 668)
- facing north. (thing 766)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
Inspiration and development
- This level is one of seven in Revilution that was originally part of TNT 2: Devilution, having been cut from the project in 2014 during the events that led to Revilution becoming its own project. It was originally named Wormhold, and featured much of the layout of its eponym from TNT: Evilution, although it lacked the actual wormhole concept. After the split from Devilution, it was renamed Wormholding, and after significant edits by Darryl Steffen (dobu gabu maru) which included the reduction of the homage itself - replacing it with the two variants of the adjacent arena - the map received its final name, Transduction.