MAP12: Wildcard (Mutiny)
|Mutiny maps 12-15, 31|
This level occupies the map slot MAP12. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP12.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the southwest end of the nukage area at the west end of the map, take the lift up and use the switch, but take note of the megaarmor on top of the switch. Head east, then south through the previously barred passage until you are out of the nukage, then head east to the crates. Behind the southeasternmost crate is a switch. Use it, then head west and northwest to get the megaarmor. (sector 149)
- After taking the teleporter in Secret #3, jump northwest to the rocks, then go north and east through the caves until you see a radiation suit. A switch is nearby. Flip it and backtrack a bit to find a soul sphere. (sector 250)
- In the central room, take the teleporter to the southeast to get to the nukage area at the west end of the map. Here, go up the steps, then south, and then to the brown rocks below the next set of steps. From the chaingun, move south to the large tree, then turn northeast to find a switch to flip. Do so, then go back to the steps and head south up to the next set of steps and into the room with the plasma gun. A teleporter will be accessible here. (sector 306)
- Pick up the yellow key and reenter the central room. Head to the northwest side near the nukage and on the north side of the column is a switch. Use it to lower a nearby megaarmor. (sector 420)
- Take the lift up to the northern room and flip the switch at the southwest side to open the compartment at the north end. Walk through the wall there to get an energy cell pack, a plasma gun, and medikits. (sector 482)
- In the easternmost room near where the yellow key is, head through the dark passage behind the crates to find a backpack. (sector 506)
- In the easternmost room near where the yellow key is, flip the switch near the crates and return to the room to the north. Enter the first compartment to the right to find a new switch to flip, then return to the previous room again. This time, go through the dark passage as in Secret #6, but keep going into a room with boxes of rockets, energy cell packs, and a teleporter. (sector 595)
- In the easternmost room near where the yellow key is, flip the switch near the crates and return to the northernmost room. Head all the way northeast to get a soul sphere. (sector 610)
- If the southern courtyard is explored before traversing the slime tunnels, a HOM pit can trap the player.
- One soul sphere is inside of a deathmatch-only area and is inaccessible in normal play. The maximum amount of items obtainable in this map is 99%.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level includes its own, separate deathmatch arena.
This arena contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 811)
- facing south-west. (thing 816)
- facing south. (thing 817)
- facing west. (thing 822)
|4 shotgun shells||9|
|Box of shotgun shells||2|
|Box of rockets||3|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|