MAP13: Annihilation Invention (Community Chest 2)
|Community Chest 2 maps 12-20|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Through the first door, head right and right again. You will be in a hallway that serpentines around. Avoid the nukage straight ahead and go right as much as you can. until you reach a angular room with a nukage pool. Take the door to the west and press the switch at the end to raise a bridge in the large nukage-filled area south of the angular room. Go back to the serpentining hallway and take the door. You should see a super shotgun here, and the hallway takes you to the bridge. Flipping the switch on the wall close to the radiation suits opens the door at the other end of the bridge to the next room. Follow the path in this room until you get the blue keycard, then backtrack all the way to the entrance hallway. Enter the blue door to the north, and after taking care of the opposition in this room, the switch you need to reach is on one of the south walls. It is on the same level as the light amplification visor. From the visor, go around the metal bars close to where you entered and when you flip the switch, the door on the opposite end will open. Enter it, and at the fork go left and up the staircase. The switch here opens the door on the far left. In this room, you cannot reach the yellow key yet, so go into the next room. Here there is a soul sphere in the middle and an invulnerability on your left. Approaching the soul sphere causes columns to lower and another switch is revealed in a western alcove. Hitting this switch lowers more columns as well as the yellow key. To leave this room to get the key, you have to press another newly revealed switch on the north wall. Now get the key and backtrack all the way to the beginning and locate the yellow door. The red key is just inside this room, although there will be a lot of monsters in here. The red door leading to the exit is right next to the yellow door.
Other points of interest
- After the first door with blue lights bordering it, you may notice a very thin ledge leading to a platform, blocked by an exploding barrel. Destroy the barrel, and cross the ledge to find a switch. Press it, and bars will lower nearby. Drop into the pit, walk over the bars, and enter the curving passage to find a super shotgun and two boxes of shells in front of a nukage fall. Walk through it to obtain a computer map. (sector 250) To the west of the same location, you can jump onto a pillar with a soul sphere floating over it.
- On your way to the switch that raises the bridge, there is a wide supercomputer with a switch on its west side. Flip it, and a nearby wall will open to unveil two medikits, four boxes of rockets, and a rocket launcher. (sector 241)
- In the room west of the bridge, there is another narrow ledge you can cross to the southwest. Walk across it, dispose of the Hell knight, and look to the southeast of the alcove to find a differently-textured wall. Open it to find four cells and a switch. (sector 247) Press it, and backtrack to the toxic pool east of where you found the bridge-raising switch to find a BFG9000.
- On your way to the blue keycard, you can find a section of metal paneling with piping on it, looking very conspicuous in comparison to the walls around it. Press on it to find a passageway containing a medikit and a plasma rifle. (sector 229)
- As you enter the room with gray pillars in the northeast of the map, a wide alcove will open to release enemies. In the northwest of this alcove is a section of wall with cross-shaped paneling. Push it to find a bulk cell and security armor. (sector 352)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||01:55||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2009-07-12||c213-155.zip|
|NM speed||02:23||Donatas Tamonis||2012-04-18||c213n223.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.