MAP13: Blue Devil (Project Einherjar)
|Project Einherjar maps|
|The Gaulheim Hit|
|The Iron Invasion|
|The Scourge of Mordin|
|Return to Jotunheim|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Sweep the roof of troops and collect all ammo and armor before the Sky Hounds show up to ruin your day. Use the crates as cover to take them down, then enter either of the two doors on the north side of the roof: both offices connect to the Einherjar stasis chamber in-between, which is infested with Mommybots. Approaching the blue key pillar reveals a pair of Einherjar (or Thors, depending on the difficulty) in stasis. Hit the switch to bring them to life so they will move out of the way and allow you to reach the switch that lowers the blue key. Return to the blue office to get the yellow key and enter the laboratory sector comprising the upper half of the map.
The lab elevator is deactivated, so find and activate the switch that opens the red-and-gray doors: you can now access the security office and activate the elevator. Take it up to the yellow door and collect the red key, but beware the Ghost ambush that triggers on the other side of the sector when you do so. With the red key in hand, you can take the large elevator down to the central lab.
Boss: Cassidy Veidt, the Blue Devil
Warden Veidt is not terribly dangerous on her own, but she knows how to tip the fight in her favor. The lab is pitch dark when you enter, lit sparsely by glowing stasis tubes and a few wall lights. She also keeps a pair of Block Lords as backup.
Veidt is difficult to see when she isn't blasting you with her twin revolvers, and she dodges when injured. It can be easy to lose track of her in the arena, especially with two Block Lords dogging your steps. Kill them first, then turn all your attention to the warden. Save your super stims for this fight.
Other points of interest
- Avoid taking the back hallway to the blue office unless you need the armor there: the window shutters open to trigger a Sky Hound ambush.
- The main desk in the blue office has a secret switch that opens the wall, revealing elevator access to the courtyard below. There you will find Gungnir ammo and a medical backpack. (sector 55)
- There is a missile pod in an obscure corner of the Einherjar stasis chamber. (sector 132)
- You can access the armory by jumping onto the middle toilet in the bathroom, then through the false air vent. (sector 180)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are: