MAP13: Downtown (Doom II)
|Doom II maps 12-20|
From the start, head left around the grey brick wall next to you. There is a huge arrow drawn on the ground near here. Follow it up the stairs and into the door at the top. Inside, make your way to the northwest corner of this storage area and drop into a lower corridor. At the end of the hall is a silver wall which lowers as a lift (A). Ride it up into a room with several gargoyle faces. Ignore the teleporter for now, and instead drop through the shaft in the alcove next to it. Follow the narrow hallway through another door into a tall room. Get the blue key here and go through the teleporter ahead (B) to return to the starting area.
Now make your way through the warehouse again and return all the way to the gargoyle-faced room. Go through the teleporter you passed over earlier, and you'll arrive on a ledge surrounding a building in the middle of the level (C). Make your way along the ledge to the opposite side and go through the blue door. Inside, you can run across the tops of the crates to get the invulnerability sphere if you so desire. In any case, drop down and go through the teleporter there (D). This takes you to the top of a tall building in the north. Grab the red keycard in front of you and drop down to the ground (E).
Go all the way to the southeastern corner of the map and enter the black building there through the red door. At the back of this room is a tall lift (F). Approach it and it will slowly lower. Once it reaches your level, ride it all the way back up to the top. From the top of the lift, you can drop down to the right onto the yellow keycard (G). Once you've gotten it, return outside once more. The building locked by the yellow key is in the northwest corner of the map, just south of the "crusher" with the plasma rifle (H). Enter it and step into the lava square to exit.
- Go to the black-walled building to the right in front of you at the start of the level, and ride the lift to the roof. Enter the door on the left to go inside. Inside, there are two raised platforms with a pit in the middle (I). Run across to the opposite raised platform (J) to gain a computer area map. (sector 3)
- Now go to the large red-bricked building in the southwestern corner of the map (indicated by the big black arrow drawn on the floor), and once inside move to the southwest corner. Make your way around some crates and you will find a switch. It opens a door to a secret area located outside (K). (sector 74)
- Right next to the switch in secret #2 is a pile of small grey crates. Press these to lower them and reveal a second switch (L). This raises a set of stairs on the opposite side of the crates you are next to. Walk up these stairs to be teleported to near the beginning of the level, up on an otherwise unreachable wall. (sector 11) Run along this wall into the building ahead to get the soul sphere there. The stair switch can also be used from the other side if you hit the right spot in the corner between the wall and the blocking crates.
- Back in the red-bricked building, follow the hallway in the northwest corner to an elevator. Ride it up. There will be a gargoyle-faced wall directly in front of you. Open it to reveal a small closet (M). (sector 108)
- From secret #4, drop down the hole in the northwest corner of the room, and follow the tunnel. Behind the door, go up the stairs and through the teleporter (N). You will end up in another secret area. (sector 213)
- Return to secret #4, but go through the teleporter to the left of it. Follow the ledge around (it's the central beige ledge "patrolled" in circles by a bunch of revenants) and go through the blue door. On the floor inside this building is a small crate. Flip the switch on it to lower the chainsaw next to you (O). (sector 128)
- After you have the blue keycard, go to the building just south of the building that secret #5 teleported you to. Open the blue door and you will have access to a secret sniping area (P). (sector 223)
- At the northern end of the map are 3 long alleyways with artifacts at the end. Between the center and eastern of these alleyways, but on the opposite side (Q) is a brown/gray striped wall/building. Open the very center of this wall to reveal a secret containing a combat armor. (sector 166)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-N records for the map are:
|UV speed||01:00||Vincent Catalaá||2001-04-05||lv13-100.zip|
|NM speed||01:09||Adam Hegyi||2000-05-04||nm13-109.zip|
|UV max||05:09||Radek Pecka||2001-05-25||lv13-509.zip|
|UV -fast||06:22||Henning Skogstø||1999-09-29||fa13-622.zip|
|UV -respawn||03:51||Jakub Razák (method_man)||2003-12-04||re13-351.zip|
|UV Tyson||07:35||Henning Skogstø||2003-01-21||ty13-735.zip|
|UV pacifist||01:57||Jakub Razák (method_man)||2003-05-05||pa13-157.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on October 19, 2012.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 284)
- facing south. (thing 285)
- facing north. (thing 286)
- facing east. (thing 287)
- facing east. (thing 288)
- facing south-west. (thing 289)
- facing north. (thing 290)
- facing south. (thing 291)
The official French name of this level is Le Centre ville.