MAP13: Suicidal Tendencies (Alien Vendetta)
|Alien Vendetta maps 11-20|
This map houses armies of monsters, but, with the exception of the large courtyard containing two spider masterminds, this map is less about infighting and more about just grinding through the hordes. Ammo is abundant, but concentrated in a few areas, especially the shells.
The starting room has several zombiemen, but shooting them causes two rooms of shotgun guys to pour out. To get the super shotgun, use one of the gray panels nearby as a lift upwards. Now head east down the hallway. There are imps here, but also a room to the side with lots of zombies. There are two doors in this room. Enter the right one fending off spectres and other monsters until you find a switch on the wall. This reveals a plasma gun. Watch out for teleporting imps when you pick it up though.
There are two ways to reach the red keycard, which is in the cargo room to the north. The first is to return to the hallway and take the north door to the cargo room. It is recommended to do this as there are a number of monsters to kill here, including a cyberdemon. If you do not kill them they might pose a problem later on, as the key is on top of a crate which you have to cross to get to, and monsters could block you from reaching it. At the opposite end of the cargo room is a switch opening a garage door with several demons and mancubi. Go to the end of this hall and you should see the yellow exit door, plus a lot of imps to the room on the right.
The alternative way is to take the other door in the room with zombies. Head down the next hall to a blue-floored room overlooking the cargo room. You can use the computer panels for supplies if necessary, and there are two more doors. The one on the right leads to a room with several computers and a switch in the middle. This switch lowers the BFG9000 in the room behind the blue door. To get there, leave the room and then take the other door. This hallway is full of zombiemen, and the blue door is just in the hallway here. If you have the blue key from Secret #3 then open this door. Be warned however, as a lot of enemies will teleport in once you grab it. When that is done, continue down the zombiemen-filled hallway northward to another monster-filled room. A small hallway north leads to the same room with imps and the teleporters.
A desk near the computer panels holds a switch to press. Press it, and head to the nearby teleporters. If you grab the rocket launcher, imps will pour out from the teleporters. The teleporter to the left is one you can access, and it takes you on top of a big crate in the cargo room. Climb the crates towards the red keycard to pick it up. It is recommended to clear this room first before grabbing the key. Now head back to the very beginning of the map. The red door is through the west hallway. If you have the blue key, you can also head south through blue doors to find a lot of supplies. Through the red door is a roomful of mancubi dead ahead, and hallways with revenants to the sides. The room with the mancubi overlooks the courtyard here, where spider masterminds, chaingunners, and barons of Hell are abound. You need to press the switch in the room with the mancubi to open the room straight ahead. Do so and head out into the courtyard, through the newly-opened door and westward. Keep going westward until a room with nukage columns. There are demons on solid ground below, and Hell knights and spectres on your level. There are also two doors on the far sides. Take the northern door. In this room full of chaingunners, press the switch on the wall. This lowers several things, the wall directly behind you, the wall to your side revealing a teleporter, the two nukage columns, and the southern door. Do not take the teleporter yet, instead, go back to the room and take the southern door to the new room. Flip the switch in this room, and then return to the northern room, taking the teleporter to the middle of where the nukage columns were.
Picking up the yellow key on top of the nukage container in the south-west teleports in many arch-viles - grab the invulnerability sphere first. With the yellow key in hand, backtrack all the way to the northernmost portion of the level, to where the exit is, and open the yellow door to exit.
- Directly ahead of you at the start of the level is a bank of computers with a silver pedestal on either side. Lower either one of these pedestals, then ride it up and walk onto the top of the computer bank. Open the monitor with the red circle here and walk through the wall, and you'll be on top of another set of computers. Press the use key on the computer column in front of you and it will lower, revealing a soul sphere. (sector 7)
- At the north end of the map is a blue-carpeted room with several four glowing alcoves resembling teleporters (they don't work). On the southern wall of this room there is a differently-textured section of wall (a vertical column among the horizontal pipes). Open it to reveal a working teleporter, which takes you to a secret on top of some crates in the big warehouse area where the red key is located. There are some medikits here. (sector 176)
- In the aforementioned warehouse area containing the red key, search the western wall and you'll see a shallow alcove with some grates in the wall. Open this wall to reveal a secret area with a blue keycard. With this card, you can open a door on the east side of the map which contains a BFG, as well as a small hallway near the level's starting point. There is a megasphere on a pedestal which appears unreachable in this hallway. To get it, return to the hall outside through the northeastern blue door, where there will be a small brightly-lit offshoot room. When entering this room, you can hear the sound of a floor lowering; run back to the megasphere as quickly as possible, and it will have been temporarily lowered. (Note that only the area with the blue keycard counts toward the secrets tally) (sector 468 in the first release; sector 441 in the second)
- At the south end of the map, behind the red door, there is a blue-walled room with a door leading to a large room with a couple of huge cylindrical structures. In the blue-walled room there is a bank of computers on the northern wall. Open the center part of this panel to reveal another soul sphere. (sector 297 in the first release; sector 284 in the second)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||05:39||Tatsuya Ito (Tatsurd-cacocaco)||2009-08-10||av13-539.zip|
|UV max||09:00||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2003-04-10||av13-900.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 6, 2020.
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 742)
- facing south. (thing 743)
- facing west. (thing 744)
- facing south. (thing 745)
- facing south. (thing 746)
- facing west. (thing 747)
- facing east. (thing 748)
- facing east. (thing 749)
- facing north-west. (thing 750)
- facing east. (thing 751)
- facing south. (thing 752)
- facing west. (thing 753)
Suicidal Tendencies is also the name of a cross-over thrash/hardcore punk band from California.