MAP13: The Focus II (Congestion 1024)
|Congestion 1024 maps 12-20|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
At the start go forward, turn left and go down both sets of stairs to find a door. In the maze that follows, from the door go left, right, left x2 and right x3 to find a door to your right. Go inside and press on the computer terminal then go back the way you came. From the door, to your left is an armor: approach it to lower the barrier in front revealing the blue key. Return to the start and open the blue door as you exit the stairs. Go through the sliding doors to your right and open the door in front.
Past the yellow bars go down the stairs and drop into the lower level. Flip the switch ahead slightly to the left, turn around, go left and ride the lift to the top. As you approach the nearest door it will open. Inside, get near the wall ahead and press the switch to the right. Exit this room and go through the opening to the right to find yourself in the maze area again. Turn right then left and go straight ahead to grab the yellow key. Make your way to the yellow bars seen earlier and go through them. Cross the bridge, use the switch to the right, turn around and drop off from the platform. Enter the room to the right and take the first left. You'll spot the exit door in front, slightly to the left. Open it and follow the corridor to the exit teleporter.
Other points of interest
There are no official secrets on this map.
- The door after the bridges room can't be opened from this room. Noclip once, open it and go back.
- The yellow door can't be opened the right way, open it from the bridges room then run back.
- Three or four monsters (depending on your skill level) will not teleport. This is because the teleporter line points to tag 34, but there is no corresponding sector with tag 34.
- A zombieman (Thing 18) in the southwest has no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so it does not actually appear in the level. It was probably supposed to be set at Hey, not too rough and below, for at the same position is a shotgun guy at Hurt me plenty and higher.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are: