MAP13: The Wharf (Doom 2 the Way id Did)
|Doom 2 the Way id Did maps 12-20|
MAP13: The Wharf is the thirteenth map of Doom 2 the Way id Did. It was designed by Michael Fraize (Marcaek) in the style of Sandy Petersen and uses the music track "DOOM". The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 1:45.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
In the starting place, head left and enter the building of green brick. Push the red skull button. The platform to your left with shotgun guys will lower. Stand on this platform and wait until it rises for you enough to jump to the central red brick platform. Once you will be on it, press the gargoyle switch to lower northern platform. When you rise on it, walk upstairs and press the switch to reveal the northern area then go there. In the outside, drop down and enter the grey building. Inside, walk under the red lamp to build up the staircase nearby. Walk up (a trap will open as you do) and press the switch for another staircase. Walk up the other stairs. Jump over towards the throne with yellow key. Note another trap open behind you.
With the yellow key leave this grey building and drop down to the water. There are three teleporters to get to the central island. Use any one (the eastern one leads to secret#7). If you teleport to the starting position jump over the three pillars with health bonuses, then enter the yellow door. The walls will start lowering revealing the cyberdemon. He will also teleport right behind you. Inside, get the red key.
Having the red key drop down to the water and enter the tan building decorated with windows (north east). Inside, head right and then north to the dead end where there are red key bars and a Hell knight. Open the bars and press the button to temporarily open the door at the south of the room. Enter this door to find yourself in the dark tan room. Walk upstairs. You can see the blue key but note that should you grab it the platform will lower right into the trap. Grab the blue key, kill the monsters in the trap, rise back on the platform and notice the walls open in the south and west of the room. Go west and lower the platform. At the top press the red skull button to escape.
Drop down to the water and use any teleporter in the south or west to get to the place you have started the level (if you wish to use the eastern one, you can jump over on the three columns with health bonuses). In the starting place again, now head east. Open the blue bars and press the button. Note the green brick wall lowering. When it is down, walk downstairs and enter the lava teleporter for the end.
Other points of interest
- In the starting area, head left and enter the grid-like building. Inside, use the lift and go north where you press the switch to get access to the super shotgun. Enter the southern door. Head right and press the switch to build up the stairs. Walk up these stairs and enter the teleporter. Using the freshly open alcove drop on the stand with the super shotgun (an alcove trap will open). From this stand jump over towards the other stand with switch. Press this switch to lower the lift east. Use this lift to get to the alcove trap and then enter the teleporter. You find yourself on the one of the pillars in the northern part of map. (sector 53) Each pillar, but one you stand on, has a rocket on it. Jumping on the pillars get to the western door of the grey brick building. Inside, collect another rocket and a soulsphere. Also, the button opens the eastern locked door.
- Do all as in secret#1 but instead of dropping on the stand with super shotgun re-enter the teleporter you entered from. Now, in the room at the east part of map, grab box of rockets and medikit. (sector 81) To get out press use on the north western wall.
- In the south western grid-like building, use the lift and go to the north. Unless you have visited secret#1 or secret#2 press the switch in the north. This will lower two imp traps. Once they are killed step on any of these traps to reveal other three traps. Once everyone killed enter the southern alcove trap to press the red brick switch. Then enter the middle alcove trap and enter freshly opened wall to find a teleporter inside. (sector 140) Grab the plasma gun.
- When you enter the alcove of secret#3 the northern wall leading outside will open. Walk there to find a bulk cell and seven health bonuses. (sector 55)
- When you reach the plasma gun in the secret#3 do not drop down. Instead re-enter the teleporter to find yourself in the eastern alcove trap with boxes of rockets, medikits in each corner and invulnerability sphere.
- In the starting area, head right and go to the door with two torches. From here, you can glimpse the green brick to your right. Jump over towards there. Grab two cells and a light amplification visor. (sector 61)
- Drop down to the water in starting area and use the eastern teleporter to get out. You will teleported right on the pillar with invulnerability sphere. (sector 108)
- In the northern grey building, note a lava alcove with a box of shells. Inside it, press use on the northern wall of it to get to the closet with a cell charge and combat armor. (sector 173)
- A northern place with chaingunners in the outside area (that is accessed from the green brick building) is counted as secret. (sector 177) There you can get a rocket launcher and many health bonuses.
- When you try to get the blue keycard, the platform you stand on lowers down to the trap. Inside this trap, open either red wall with a candle. (sector 256) Walk inside and collect several items there. Teleporter is needed to get out.
- In the northern grey building, step on the water pool. This will temporarily lower the tall column in the west with a box of shells on it. (sector 262)
A dead lost soul (thing 70) for some reason is placed in the outside of the map and has no any skill flags, so it does not actually appear in the game (anyway, this cannot be seen even with any flag).
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 15)
- facing north-east. (thing 16)
- facing south-west. (thing 17)
- facing south. (thing 18)
- facing south-east. (thing 19)
- facing north-east. (thing 20)
- facing north. (thing 21)
- facing east. (thing 22)