MAP13: Welcome to the Machine (Community Chest 3)
|Community Chest 3 maps 12-20|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- At the landing platform where the airplane is, climb onto the railing. After this, climb onto the grey wall around the building. Walk around the building to its south side until you find an alcove containing a medikit, a rocket launcher, and a rocket. (sector 171)
- At the platform across from the exit door, there is a computer monitor featuring "CC3" in stylized, blue letters. Push on this monitor, and the nearby pillar will lower to reveal a berserk. (sector 240)
- Inside the room with the yellow key, there is a bare patch of wall at the southeast. Climb onto the railing around the platform, and walk across the ledge at the southeast. Press on the bare patch, and it will open into a room with a rocket launcher and a partial invisibility. (sector 255)
- On the walkway where the red key is found, the southeast recess has a blank wall instead of monitors, unlike the rest of them in that area. Press on it to find a box of bullets, megaarmor, and "CC3" jutting out of the floor in stylized, blue letters. (sector 286)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||01:53||Adolf Vojta (Gusta)||2008-12-07||c313-153.zip|
|UV Tyson||07:24||Adolf Vojta (Gusta)||2007-12-20||c313t724.zip|
This information was last verified in its entirety on January 22, 2018.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 182)
- facing south. (thing 183)
- facing east. (thing 184)
- facing east. (thing 185)
Inspiration and development
The stylized "CC3" seen on the monitor that opens secret #1, and in secret #4, reflects the author's original title screen and logo design for the project, pictured to the right. It was posted on the Community Chest forum on June 28, 2007. Daniel Gimmer (Tormentor667), expressing dislike for the design because it looked "too plain and too simple," created his own title screen and posted it on June 30, 2007. After a lengthy discussion, Andy opened a poll to choose which title screen would be used the same day. On July 13, 2007, Gimmer's design won by popular vote. Gimmer would go on to create the intermission, credits, and cast sequence graphics at the request of Eric Baker (The Green Herring), the compiler.
The choice of music in this level was made by Andy Leaver. The original submission did not contain custom music.
- This level is likely named after the famous song of the same name by Pink Floyd. Coincidentally, the final level in Ecco the Dolphin has the same name and is also inspired by the Pink Floyd song.