MAP14: Charon Eclipse (Plutonia 2)
|Plutonia 2 maps 12-20|
MAP14: Charon Eclipse is the fourteenth map of Plutonia 2. It was designed by Alexander S. (Eternal), and uses the music track "Sam's the Man" by Jamie Robertson. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 2:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go forward and pick up the super shotgun, killing the Hell knights nearby. Then press the skull switch in the left alcove to open the next door. Inside the circular hall that follows, kill the enemies, and where the demons are, there is a fork. Move left, and at the bridge, keep going straight. Yet another fork is over here. The red key is to the left, but it is not accessible at the moment. Open the door on the right and kill all of the monsters in this area. The switch in the back lowers the yellow skull key in the blood moat. An arch-vile and two cacodemons will pop up when you collect the key. Now go back to the T-shaped bridge and head south to the hall. Open the door and kill the enemies in the small room, but be very mindful about the ambush that springs up abruptly in the room as well. Head for the door to the west, and you will be on a ledge in the red key area. There is a yellow switch to the right, press it, and the arachnotron pen to the west will be open, where another switch is. Press this one to lower the key and several monster pens. Upon picking up the key, demons will spawn into the blood moat, while other monsters will be roaming elsewhere in the map.
Kill anything that stands in your way as you head back to the first fork (which was just after the circular walkway) and then go east. Two shotgun guys are hiding just before the red door, and three chaingunners are behind that door. Past the red door, take the north door and kill the enemies in this hall. There are two switches tucked away in the northern corners. Press both of them for the northern wall to lower. Step on the platform that is available to head down, ready to fight a few mancubi. In this open field, turn right and head behind the column for a switch. Press it to make the door to the north open, where you will have to fight a cyberdemon, while chaingunners teleport in. Walk up the stairs going left for one final switch, which lowers the exit on the right side. Arch-viles and chaingunner will attempt to stop you from reaching it.
Other points of interest
- When approaching the room with a T-shaped walkway over a blood pool, fall into the pool on the right side and pull down the blood fall. This will reveal a passageway (sector 46) containing a medikit, 4 shotgun shells and a berserk pack.
- In the room with the yellow key, east of the stairs coming up from the blood pit is a support beam with a candle in front of it. Open it to reveal a skull switch and shoot it. A room will open to your right (sector 187) with a box of rockets, a medikit (and on hard skill levels a soul sphere) and three imps.
- In the library, go up the stairs created by pressing a skull switch in the room. Pull down the bookcase with a candle in front of it for a green armor. (sector 129)
- After hitting the yellow switch, go into the bloodfall area guarded by arachnotrons. Press the red skull switch, then return to the library where some bookcases have opened up to reveal a plasma gun and two energy cells. (sector 163)
- After getting the red keycard, a small hallway to the left of the staircase opens up. Open the wall at the end of this hallway to be teleported to a blue armor and a backpack. (sector 142)
- From Secret #5, walk through the door to reach the circular room north of the starting area, where the central pillar has opened to reveal a soul sphere guarded by two arch-viles. (sector 24)
- After opening the red door, go through the left door. There is a satyr switch in the middle on the right hand side. Hit this switch, then go back into the previous room. A new room has opened up containing a BFG9000 (or an invulnerability on easy skills). (sector 223)
- Between the T-shaped walkway and the library is a hallway. The northern skull on the eastern wall is directly aligned with the lion switch on the circular room; press it to open all four skull walls in the hallway, each one revealing a cache containing a lost soul and some items. Push the face in the northwestern alcove (behind the backpack) to open a door in the northeastern alcove. Pass this door for an alternative way to Secret #6.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on April 13, 2013.
|UV speed TAS||00:42||Light_Speed||2012-01-21||p214x042ls.zip|
|First Demo Attempt||16:00||Memfis||2011-02-04||pl2mem14.zip||1|
Last updated on April 13, 2013.
1. ^ Final time of 12:07.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 304)
- facing south. (thing 305)
- facing south. (thing 307)
- facing east. (thing 308)
- facing north. (thing 309)
- facing east. (thing 313)
- facing south-east. (thing 316)